Fordmods Logo

What a fit? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:31 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF futura

NT, Australia

apparently mounting a hard drive vertically is a lot better with shock than when its laying horizontal... so the way you have it shouldnt be too bad.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

insensate wrote:
apparently mounting a hard drive vertically is a lot better with shock than when its laying horizontal... so the way you have it shouldnt be too bad.

either way some shock protection is a really good idea....as scotsman said scratching the platters in the harddisk would lead to a pretty ticked off individual :p

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

SA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
problem with the xbox is that they are just do damn chunky, and not car friendly.

Plus PS has better games to :wink:

As an owner of a Xbox and PS2, I'd definately say the Xbox s**t on the PS2, specially with a chip and larger HDD, removes the need to ever get up and change the disc in it!

I have both XBOX and PS2 both with HDD's.....best of both world...no cds on both..awsome load times on both and the large range of games on both ...xbox controllers are better :D ...

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

dsnow_01 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
problem with the xbox is that they are just do damn chunky, and not car friendly.

Plus PS has better games to :wink:

As an owner of a Xbox and PS2, I'd definately say the Xbox s**t on the PS2, specially with a chip and larger HDD, removes the need to ever get up and change the disc in it!

I have both XBOX and PS2 both with HDD's.....best of both world...no cds on both..awsome load times on both and the large range of games on both ...xbox controllers are better :D ...

Funny you say that cause microsoft designed the xbox controller to fit perfectly in a persons hand without putting it in a bad position.

Xbox IMO is better then a PS2 mainly cause of the hardware. I hated xbox when it first came out because there were f**k all games on it and my favourite game was GTA III.

Nice mount of the xbox dude.Just a question......How do you change the disk??? Is it for games or music?

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

fordjared wrote:
this should help with some of the questions

Um ive got a chip and a 200GB hdd in there. The picture will explain it all.

Any other problems you can see??

Cheers

one thing to keep in mind, xbox HDD's arnt shock proof. I can say with great certainty that having it mounted in the boot of your car will destroy the platers on the HDD. Also, it wont be usable while the car is in motion.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Well mine running mounted under the glovebox runs fine and havent had any issues with the HDD ... should also set HDD spin down whilst playing movies and music in the system settings if u mod the xbox....well help keep the heat down.

When mounting it defeinintly install rubber cushions or soemthing that will absorb the bumps a lil...

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3