Fordmods Logo

Wiring an unusual switch 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Wiring an unusual switch
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Hey guys, just wanting some help with figuring out some wiring. I am installing fogs into my EF, anyway I want to use the wagon wiper/washer switch to turn them on/off as I'l paint it black, it should look factory.

They are like a rocker version of the demist switch. Anyway, as these arent intended to be a normal on/off switch, the are for switching whether the rear washer jet in the wagons activates the wiper when the water is squirted.

Now I want to use this as an on/off switch, so I want to feed 12V in one side and get switched 12v out the other. Problem is the switch has 5 wires on the plug.

Brown
Blue/Red
Green/Blue
Black
Green/White.

In the wiring diagram in my Gregory's manual, it shows the switch as having only Green/white, Green/Blue, and black. The black goes to the main wiper switch, the other two go to the rear wiper ECU.

Help?

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Mate it's simple it can be a solid state switch, just do it the easy way either use a multimeter or a test light, just go back and forth between pins and you'll eventual work it out, I might check tonight for you see how I go, reminds me I still have to repaint mine.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

If I had a decent multimeter id test for continuity. I dont though. Be awesome if you could have a fiddle. Cheers

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:47 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

dan1_721 wrote:
If I had a decent multimeter id test for continuity. I dont though. Be awesome if you could have a fiddle. Cheers

or run 12v to one pin and a test lite with the other to bat earth and it can do the same job.. just keep trying different pin each time and sooner or later the test light will tell you which is which..

i did the same thing to a eb wagon wiper/washer switch to hook my fog lights up...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]