Fordmods Logo

06 BF Mk II XT ideas? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 6

Joined: 22nd Aug 2011

Ride: 2006 BF Mk II XT

Location: Paralowie
SA, Australia

Hey guys, so tomorrow i'm picking up my new car, 2006 BF MkII XT.

At the moment it's completely stock standard, but me being a P plater, I don't think that will stay like that for long ;)

Here's my ideas so far...

Super-low springs (got a mate with a set lying around he can give me)
Extractors and 2.5" cat-back exhaust system (heard a BA XR6 with this and i think i creamed...)
Alloys, maybe the GT wheels? or 17" XR ones?
Tinted windows (although that may already be done...)
Spoiler and stripes package (still pondering on that one...)
Either tinted or LED tail lights (can get em for $150 a pair off eBay)


That's about it for now... unless anyone else can make a suggestion??
i'm gonna be a bit short for cash for a while though, so it's gonna be a slow process... as i have a loan to pay off now haha!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 143

Joined: 8th Sep 2010

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

how about this xr6 headlights, f6 typhoon spoiler, gt boot spoiler,shaker etc like the one below only its an xr6 turbo

 

 

Attachments:
ba mods.JPG
ba mods.JPG [ 19.77 KiB | Viewed 28 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 6

Joined: 22nd Aug 2011

Ride: 2006 BF Mk II XT

Location: Paralowie
SA, Australia

my671fordv8 wrote:
how about this xr6 headlights, f6 typhoon spoiler, gt boot spoiler,shaker etc like the one below only its an xr6 turbo


that looks great mate! Since i posted this earlier I had a mate tell me I can get a full XR6 bodykit and alloys for nothing :D so the xr headlights are gonna be a must :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

jonnymarch wrote:
my671fordv8 wrote:
how about this xr6 headlights, f6 typhoon spoiler, gt boot spoiler,shaker etc like the one below only its an xr6 turbo


that looks great mate! Since i posted this earlier I had a mate tell me I can get a full XR6 bodykit and alloys for nothing :D so the xr headlights are gonna be a must :P


Well if that's the case, remove the XT badge and put an XR6 badge on it.

In my opinion...don't put a spoiler or a shaker on it...too much wank...especially the shaker on a 6 :?

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 6

Joined: 22nd Aug 2011

Ride: 2006 BF Mk II XT

Location: Paralowie
SA, Australia

phongus wrote:
jonnymarch wrote:
my671fordv8 wrote:
how about this xr6 headlights, f6 typhoon spoiler, gt boot spoiler,shaker etc like the one below only its an xr6 turbo


that looks great mate! Since i posted this earlier I had a mate tell me I can get a full XR6 bodykit and alloys for nothing :D so the xr headlights are gonna be a must :P


Well if that's the case, remove the XT badge and put an XR6 badge on it.

In my opinion...don't put a spoiler or a shaker on it...too much wank...especially the shaker on a 6 :?


I was gonna take of the XT badge for sure :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 98

Joined: 30th Nov 2007

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 06 BF XR6

Location: Portland
VIC, Australia

Debadge, tint, nice set of 19's fpv ones? Lower it to a nice hight, simple and clean.
Do the norm, full exhaust, cia, underdrive and custom tune.

 

_________________

Current car 2011 FG XR6 Ute Limited Edition

Past cars:06 BF XR6
97 EL

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

And, while you are doing all these performance enhancements, give a thought to LARGER brakes?
Too many blokes go the faster and more powerful route and forget the important things like Suspension and brakes. It's ok to shove new springs and shocks but make sure the other components are able to withstand all those goodies. :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 6

Joined: 22nd Aug 2011

Ride: 2006 BF Mk II XT

Location: Paralowie
SA, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
And, while you are doing all these performance enhancements, give a thought to LARGER brakes?
Too many blokes go the faster and more powerful route and forget the important things like Suspension and brakes. It's ok to shove new springs and shocks but make sure the other components are able to withstand all those goodies. :)


I won't be able to do any performance mods cause I'm on my Ps, so for now just looks and sound :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:56 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

your allowed to upgrade the brakes, they make you stop better not go faster, that's the entire idea behind performance modifications anything that increases the cars ability to go faster is generally shunned. items like bigger better brakes you get a pat on the back as you are improving on safety.

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 6

Joined: 22nd Aug 2011

Ride: 2006 BF Mk II XT

Location: Paralowie
SA, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
your allowed to upgrade the brakes, they make you stop better not go faster, that's the entire idea behind performance modifications anything that increases the cars ability to go faster is generally shunned. items like bigger better brakes you get a pat on the back as you are improving on safety.


True haha, not that I can see cops ever patting a p platers on the back ;) haha
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

jonnymarch wrote:
True haha, not that I can see cops ever patting a p platers on the back ;) haha


That's true but maybe your Parents and friends would appreciate you having the sense to make your ride safer?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 06 BF Mk II XT ideas?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 6

Joined: 22nd Aug 2011

Ride: 2006 BF Mk II XT

Location: Paralowie
SA, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
jonnymarch wrote:
True haha, not that I can see cops ever patting a p platers on the back ;) haha


That's true but maybe your Parents and friends would appreciate you having the sense to make your ride safer?


yeah they would :) gotta put some $$$ away for it first haha :)
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:38 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names