Fordmods Logo

18" Rims 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:38 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

i know a guy who is running 50mm bolt on spacers and has been doing so for over a year, on his drift car so its not illegal as such, but! he has never had any issues, if you wanna run them you should (have to) get bolt on spacers not the slip on style and get ones that are professionally made and made of a good quality material, i run them on my EF and they dont have any issues but mine were custom made by an engineer (my old man) and they have never given me any strife...

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Technically acording to the GOVERNMENTS LAW the use of spacers are illegal

One of the reasons they give is it puts undue stress on the axle and wheel studs in which turn compromises safety
For this reason Joe Blogg has made the use of adapters illegal to use on a road registered car

A lot of people use spacers on there cars to open up the range of different wheels they put on there cars but at the end of day if and when the police bring out the shaker and have a blitz on modified cars those people using spacers on there wheels WILL receive a defect

If it was me i wouldn't use spacers as i prefer not to give my hard earned money to the polies for breaking some rule they have decided to impose against us

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagoon

WA, Australia

i would find out for sure from YOUR state's licensing regs and also your insurance company before using them. I would be more concerned with the insurance company. If you have an accident with an expensive car and the insurance company decide to refuse the claim as they found illegal spacers on the car, then you could be up for a very large bill. personally if i wasn't 100% sure the were legal i wouldn't bother. Most insurance companies these days are more interested in finding a way to refuse claims, rather than looking after the insuree.

EF GLi Wagoon
Grandpa Spec

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hub Adpaters are used on heaps of drift cars so they get a wider track and I would imagine the punishment they give them is as good enough as tested that there safe

I have heard of a guy going side ways into a gutter and smashing his rim to peices and had no damage to the hub adapter.

Also heard of a guy where his wheel came off using hub adapters BUT that was only due to using the wrong wheel nuts - the exact same thing would of happend if there was no hub adapter and the wrong wheel nuts were used.

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2