19's on an ef 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: 19's on an ef
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:06 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

i currently have 17's on my ef but my brother has a set of advanti 19's i want to buy but he went to get them aligned and the guy said you cant align them on ef/el's because of the camber? is this true and does anyone here have 19's on an e-series?

If it has wheels or a skirt, You can't afford it.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

Heaps of people do!!

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I had 19's on my old EL XR6 with super lows in. Didn't have any problems except a bit of guard scraping if I turned hard and went over bumps or driveways at the same time. But i fixed that with rolling the guards.
Maybe take your car else where and see how you go!

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

19 are a cinch... even on ultra lows... if you have rolled inner lips... 20's are a cinch too.... :wink:

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

So far it seems everyone has forgotten a key factor. He's probably in need of an aftermarket camber kit, and the factory adjustment is probably to the limit. I'm very suprised they didn't try and sell him 1.
I've seen old E-series on 15" wheels with standard suspension that couldn't be alligned without one as there was no more adjustment left.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
So far it seems everyone has forgotten a key factor. He's probably in need of an aftermarket camber kit, and the factory adjustment is probably to the limit. I'm very suprised they didn't try and sell him 1.
I've seen old E-series on 15" wheels with standard suspension that couldn't be alligned without one as there was no more adjustment left.

correct, varies from car to car...my mates ED on superlows could be aligned stock from stock with 18's, but another mates EF fairmont required a camber kit...I'm about to put superlows in mine so i guess i will see

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:55 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

any other info or suggestions?

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

wild_cleveland wrote:
any other info or suggestions?

What, the car needing a camber kit isn't the right answer? You've been told by some people that they are running 19" and 20" on EF/L's fine. You've also been told that a camber kit would give more camber adjustment. What more are you after? Incase it's not clear the info/suggestion is - GET A CAMBER KIT, INSTAL IT AND HAVE IT REALIGNED.
Go and ask whoever tried to align it what the issue was - they'd be the best person in the know since they would have seen what was going on. A bunch of people sitting at home on a computer not seeing the car arn't going to get you a definate garanteed answer. But I'd be willing to bet money it's just needing a camber kit, and he was probably too stingy to purchase 1 after racking up the credit card for the wheels.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:50 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

take a***hole pills this morning? mate im just asking if anyone else has had someone say they cant align 19s and that a camber kit will not help.
im pretty sure he would have bought one if it fixed the problem, no point saying stuff like that when your on the dole and jealous you cannot afford decent wheels. :P

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

wild_cleveland wrote:
take a***hole pills this morning? mate im just asking if anyone else has had someone say they cant align 19s and that a camber kit will not help.
im pretty sure he would have bought one if it fixed the problem, no point saying stuff like that when your on the dole and jealous you cannot afford decent wheels. :P

First of all the post was last night, not this morning, but the effect was from the pills I took yesterday morning.
My main criticism is the lack of information your supplying. Do you even know if the car already has an aftermarket camber kit fitted? Do you even know why he can't align the wheels - simply saying that he can't align them because there 19" is s**t, the fact that they're 19" doesn't make them unable to be aligned, there is a second factor there. Possibly the person who was a member of your family and had no idea what they were doing? So either he can't align them because the person who was trying didn't know what they were doing (solution - take it to somewhere else), or there is no further adjustment (therefore a camber kit is needed), or there is something seriously wrong with the front suspension of the vehicle (has it had a dodgy repair after a crash? bent components, loose bolts, slogged out bushes - I had a van that had some bushes which were slogged, the play was so bad that it couldn't be alligned as you could push it and then the alignment had moved, new set of bushes and it's been fine since) or the wheels have something seriously wrong with them (beyond the fact that they are 19" - e.g. buckled wheels, made weird) - either of the last 2 I would be suprised if you didn't notice when driving (well maybe not actually) the vehicle as there would be some nasty vibrations.
There really is nothing else that anyone can do for you through the net. Balls in your court to go and check a few of these details and find more information. Go and stick your head under the car and see and feel how much thread is there on the upper control arm mounts.
As for your coments on my financial situation, doesn't even warrant a response. As for my wheels - do you even know what Simmons FR's are?

Last edited by twr7cx on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
wild_cleveland wrote:

First of all the post was last night, not this morning, but the effect was from the pills I took yesterday morning.
My main criticism is the lack of information your supplying. Do you even know if the car already has an aftermarket camber kit fitted? Do you even know why he can't align the wheels - simply saying that he can't align them because there 19" is s**t, the fact that they're 19" doesn't make them unable to be aligned, there is a second factor there. Possibly the person who was a member of your family and had no idea what they were doing? So either he can't align them because the person who was trying didn't know what they were doing (solution - take it to somewhere else), or there is no further adjustment (therefore a camber kit is needed), or there is something seriously wrong with the front suspension of the vehicle (has it had a dodgy repair after a crash? bent components, loose bolts, slogged out bushes - I had a van that had some bushes which were slogged, the play was so bad that it couldn't be alligned as you could push it and then the alignment had moved, new set of bushes and it's been fine since) or the wheels have something seriously wrong with them (beyond the fact that they are 19" - e.g. buckled wheels, made weird) - either of the last 2 I would be suprised if you didn't notice when driving (well maybe not actually) the vehicle as there would be some nasty vibrations.
There really is nothing else that anyone can do for you through the net. Balls in your court to go and check a few of these details and find more information.
As for your coments on my financial situation, doesn't even warrant a response. As for my wheels - do you even know what Simmons FR's are?

Yeah,Simmons are for Mazda's only!!Nothing else.
:P Same pills?? :roll: :roll:

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:06 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

agreed :)

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

i got told once by a "tyre expert" that a 15 with 225s are the same as 17 with a lower profile tyre, 16 again 225s or 205s (cant remember ) are same as 18's with a lower profile of tyre.. and it goes up etc etc so in theory working in this way if ya got 17's, 19s with a lower profile should be a cinch.. and shouldn't upset ya speedo etc much.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]