claw 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ive done 20's.. its a cinch.. aslong as its.. like my 225/30/20's.. lol with a white wall to top them off.. lol mine are on super lows in the front.. ultra lows in the rear for the a** low look... 8-)

and no..22's have been done before.. on a Fairlane i saw on ebay along time ago.. well atleast the rears were 22's... HHMM! i wonder.. :twisted:

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

VIC, Australia

yer that lane' was from my local area 22's on the back 20's on the front real nice car that, but as far as i know he had some tub work in the rear.

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 5sp ef

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
ive done 20's.. its a cinch.. aslong as its.. like my 225/30/20's.. lol with a white wall to top them off.. lol mine are on super lows in the front.. ultra lows in the rear for the a** low look... 8-)

and no..22's have been done before.. on a Fairlane i saw on ebay along time ago.. well atleast the rears were 22's... HHMM! i wonder.. :twisted:

haha iv got u on a technicality mate... i said falcon!! haha neway man ur car is the/or 1 of the nicest e-series i hav ever seen!!

MINITRUCKS
xcabbi wants one

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

smokin ef wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:

haha iv got u on a technicality mate... i said falcon!! haha neway man ur car is the/or 1 of the nicest e-series i hav ever seen!!
but a fairmont is virtualy mechanicly the same as a falcon.. just tarted up with pimp goodness... 8-) And thanks for the compliments.. :D

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:49 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

haha no probs man...

MINITRUCKS
xcabbi wants one

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:43 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

i got 19", i had to put 35mm adapters on and roll the guards

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

i'm rollin on 20's. but went with 19's front to avoid the innevitable rubbing that WILL come from 20's on the front. not in a straight line, but guess what show ponies, most people turn corners, with bumps, and drive up driveways with the wheels turned. rubbing will be unavoidable at some point.

guard rolling places? try a heat gun and a rubber mallet. works fine.

22's on the back would be a cinch. theres a tonne of room under there for rims with the right offset....

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:51 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

iv been told that if i remove the plastic lining from the inside of the gaurd that will eliminate a majority of the rubbing... is this true or even close? :?

MINITRUCKS
xcabbi wants one

Post subject: 20s
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

I think 18s are more than big enough for an ef. 20s will slow it down and also remember when it comes to replacement tyres itll cost you a lot more that a smaller diameter. it will also place strain on your power steering not to mention you will feel every bump. Also worth checking with you insurance company as most wont insure you with 20s. Spend your money on getting another car rather than spending a fortune on wheels that are probably worth more than the car itself.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:29 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

but the thing is i dont want another car.. im more than happy with my ef. i doubt the wheels will be worth more than my car... wat would u pay 4 a mint condition 5sp ef futura?? thats just ticked over 130 thou kms. plus im not building this 4 speed.. i just want a nice clean rig 2 go cruising in with my mates.. il post sum pics up when there on and then you can tell me wat u think of it

MINITRUCKS
xcabbi wants one

Post subject: Re: 20s
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ghia97 wrote:
I think 18s are more than big enough for an ef. 20s will slow it down and also remember when it comes to replacement tyres itll cost you a lot more that a smaller diameter. it will also place strain on your power steering not to mention you will feel every bump. Also worth checking with you insurance company as most wont insure you with 20s. Spend your money on getting another car rather than spending a fortune on wheels that are probably worth more than the car itself.

yeah and factory speakers are big enough- and factory steering wheel, why bother with an aftermarket one? and factory springs and shocks- and factory brakes :roll:

mate i think your missing the point. slow it down? not with 4.11's mate. if all you can afford is 18's, then all you can afford is replacement 18" tyres. if you can shell out for 20's, the price of new rubber aint gonna bother you much. not to mention the price difference between 18's and 20's is getting less and less weekly. and if we all go out and spend money on some other car (and EVERYONE could find a more expensive car than what they already have now) we'd have no money left to mod it and all end up as boring as you!

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:53 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

spot on fordriver1, 10 points to you!! haha

MINITRUCKS
xcabbi wants one

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: el gt rep

SA, Australia

my monty with 20's bolt on spacers,

tyres aint that much mate!

but roll ya guards!

Post subject: 20s
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

I agree tyre prices are dropping and if you are confortable with 20s its your call but for an ef i think its too big. It wont cruise very nice over bumps. As far as the comments about the sound system speakers they are pathetic and in need of replacement[unless youve got a premo system]. Im not saying in anyway to leave it stock but 20s are still overkill on an EF. Whilst you car might be low kms etc, you might be surprised to see how little they are actually now worth. Market Value is prob 3k- 3.5 on car and wheels and tyres 2k+. I dont mean to upset people but often people buy crap cars and spend more on them than they are worth and get upset when they sell them and get sweet f**k all. All im saying is keep s**t in perspective.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

shakn-1 wrote:
my monty with 20's bolt on spacers,

tyres aint that much mate!

but roll ya guards!

mate that looks sweet!