Fordmods Logo

adjusting headlights 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: adjusting headlights
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: f6 rspec

NSW, Australia

Anyone know a good or the correct way of adjusting the headlight beam? I just got new headlight assembly's and they are way out. Whats the best way to adjust them for vision and also to not blind oncoming traffic.

Post subject: Re: adjusting headlights
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Here you go
Quote:
The correct procedure for adjusting the headlights on ef-el falcons is complicated, and has never been coreectly covered in any workshop manual that i have seen. Part of the reason for this is that it depends on where you live. It should be as high as possible, but as low as necessary. If you live in a rural area where everyone is driving landcruisers or road trains then you can adjust it a lot higher ;-) Follow this simple procedure for correct adjustment of your headlights. I adjust my headlights so they are pointing at the sky. i cant see the road at night, but i get very little perceivable falloff.

Have your friend rive about 100m up the road and do a u-turn so he is facing you. Make sure he is driving a landcruiser. If you dont know any friends who own landcruisers, just have him sit on the roof of his hyundai excel.

adjust the headlights up until they are shining directly in his eyes.

drive around as you normally would for the next couple of years, with a screw driver in the car.

For every 100 drivers who flash their high beams at you when your car is on low-beams, adjust your headlights down by half a turn. You may wish to fit some super high powered 200watt+ spotlights from trucks to your car so you can show the other drivers that you are actually on low beam by flashing your high beams at them. they will appreciate this.

When only every other driver high beams you while you are on low beams, your headlights are correctly adjusted.

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF11 Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

DRHEMI wrote:
Here you go
Quote:
The correct procedure for adjusting the headlights on ef-el falcons is complicated, and has never been coreectly covered in any workshop manual that i have seen. Part of the reason for this is that it depends on where you live. It should be as high as possible, but as low as necessary. If you live in a rural area where everyone is driving landcruisers or road trains then you can adjust it a lot higher ;-) Follow this simple procedure for correct adjustment of your headlights. I adjust my headlights so they are pointing at the sky. i cant see the road at night, but i get very little perceivable falloff.

Have your friend rive about 100m up the road and do a u-turn so he is facing you. Make sure he is driving a landcruiser. If you dont know any friends who own landcruisers, just have him sit on the roof of his hyundai excel.

adjust the headlights up until they are shining directly in his eyes.

drive around as you normally would for the next couple of years, with a screw driver in the car.

For every 100 drivers who flash their high beams at you when your car is on low-beams, adjust your headlights down by half a turn. You may wish to fit some super high powered 200watt+ spotlights from trucks to your car so you can show the other drivers that you are actually on low beam by flashing your high beams at them. they will appreciate this.

When only every other driver high beams you while you are on low beams, your headlights are correctly adjusted.

hahahaha!!!! that is the funniest thing ive heard all day!!

It really is true you can sell anything....just look at holden, selling s**t with a badge on it.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:38 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2001 AUII XR6 ute

QLD, Australia

best way is to find a back road where you can park in the left lane while you adjust the headlights to what suits you best..... reccomended headlight measurments be damned.....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]