Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Another BA XR kit going on an EF
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Falcon BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hello campers

Well, i've finally got hold of the parts i need to make this awesome mod happen. 1x BA XR front bar, 1x BA XR rear bar, 1x EF front bar, 1x EF rear bar. (When i find side skirts they will be added).

Thanks go to Kenny for the BA bars... his green machine is now sporting FPV GT bars and so, after a really funny eBay fiasco, the XR bars became mine. Allow me to explain: Kenny had posted the items on eBay before i knew they were for sale, and when i informed him of my interest, there had already been a few bids on the front bar, so he couldn't pull out. Now, after we'd agreed on a price (consisting of both $$$ and Jimmy Beam), the obvious solution to the eBay dilemma was to put a very high bid on the auction on eBay, wait to win it, then sort the details out with Kenny.

So, i placed a bid of $600 for the front bar alone. (Quite high considering they're $750 new from ford, and this one had quite a few scratches). We then proceeded to demolish the Jimmy Beam we'd acquired, confident that no-one would be stupid enough to out-bid me. Well, one hour later, when the auction had ended, we went to inspect the details, and lo and behold, this moron had out-bid me by $1. How's that for a backfire?

Thankfully, a few days later the bloke came to collect the front bar, and instantly started complaining about the scratches on it, blah blah blah, one for much cheaper in melbourne, blah blah blah. So him and Kenny agreed to cancel the deal, much to my happiness.

So, after much squeezing and tearing of the rubber on my MOMO gear knob, i fit the front and rear bars in my car and got them home. After that, it was simple to pick up an EF front and rear bar too.

So now where i'm at, i have the raw materials required for the job, and just need to find someone who can help me with plastic joining and painting. So, this is a call-out to all FM members in the region of newcastle that have any experience with all this to give me a buzz and possibly help out? Much beer and BBQ will be available.

Cheers fellas (and the few fella-esses that we have here)

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

wow! great funny read up... very much back fired.. :lol:

but can relate to the work that is ehead of you.. well front bar anyways.. :lol: :wink:

good luck mate.. -could this mod inspire another new castle "fix it" day?

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Falcon BA XR8

NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
wow! great funny read up... very much back fired.. :lol:

but can relate to the work that is ehead of you.. well front bar anyways.. :lol: :wink:

good luck mate.. -could this mod inspire another new castle "fix it" day?

Hmmmm... perhaps... Although plastic welding tools are rarely things that ppl would bring lol. Anyway i need to find some side skirts first so i can line things up properly before i cut.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

Jesus that green machine must be a hot peice of gear now! A few more horses at the rear than last time i saw it that's for sure. I'll need to get my a*** up that way next time he's able to come out to a meet so i can ogle and quiz him on it again :P

On topic, i may be able to help out with the bbq and drinking side of the task Dan :) Might also know someone who can do the painting at a decent rate? I'm assuming the EF parts aren't white either?

Will keep you posted.

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

lol at ebay story, very luck. Will need to create a progress thread for this mod!! would love to keep on eye on it...

Chooka - Ford Fairmont EL
Future Mods coming....

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Good luck with the mod Shoony.....
Looking forward to seeing this one. Keep us posted.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]