Fordmods Logo

BA rims ...what do you think, fellas? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

What happened to your idea with the Impuls mark? I still reckon they look better than any rim in this post so far

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

Kingkezza wrote:
What happened to your idea with the Impuls mark? I still reckon they look better than any rim in this post so far

They're still in the running, too!

Mate, your car still looks wicked in your pics ...everytime I check 'em out I start thinking of keeping the EL!

Just had a dodgy thought ...what if I pulled out the turbo & intercooler set-up from the BA, took off the red TURBO badge, and then sold it as a BA XR6?

Then the Turbo & intercooler could go into the EL XR6, hehe ...what do you think, is it do-able?

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

markr154 wrote:
Kingkezza wrote:

They're still in the running, too!

Mate, your car still looks wicked in your pics ...everytime I check 'em out I start thinking of keeping the EL!

Just had a dodgy thought ...what if I pulled out the turbo & intercooler set-up from the BA, took off the red TURBO badge, and then sold it as a BA XR6?

Then the Turbo & intercooler could go into the EL XR6, hehe ...what do you think, is it do-able?

Hehe thanks mate :)

Ahhh yes i think it's definantly do-able, but the thing is you're probably going to lose around $10k resale value of the BA, PLUS have to buy xr6t injectors, fuel pump, regulator etc. so it will end up costing quite a bit. For under $10 000 you could get quite a nice turbo kit plus the fuel pump, bigger intercooler etc and it will have more power than a stock xr6t. Also if you were to sell off the ba as just an xr6 then you would probably have to get ir re-registred as a non-turbo (i'm assuming the turbo part appears on the rego papers somewhere?

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yeah, didn't think it would be that easy.

If I won Lotto, I would definitely chuck the entire BA XR6T under-bonnet set-up into a nice EL XR6, ...hot looks, and state-of-the-art power!

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

markr154 wrote:

If I won Lotto, I would definitely chuck the entire BA XR6T under-bonnet set-up into a nice EL XR6, ...hot looks, and state-of-the-art power!

haha yep would absolutely love to do the same! :D I have a perford mag with a guy who's done that an a purple el xr6. He actually had to cut a hole in the front of the bonnet to get the engine to fit in their (it was too tall). Looks horn though!

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I've just remembered you bugger, your car was parked next to mine on the last E-series nightshoot on South Perth foreshore!

Just looking at the pics now ...that tint & the Tickford sticker look smick, all round a 'horn' car!

Looks like a Falcon 'Knight Rider' Lol.

Just amazing how it can look so Black at night ...what does it look like in full sun?

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Kingkezza wrote:
markr154 wrote:

haha yep would absolutely love to do the same! :D I have a perford mag with a guy who's done that an a purple el xr6. He actually had to cut a hole in the front of the bonnet to get the engine to fit in their (it was too tall). Looks horn though!

Wicked, ...scan in some pics!

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

markr154 wrote:
I've just remembered you bugger, your car was parked next to mine on the last E-series nightshoot on South Perth foreshore!

Just looking at the pics now ...that tint & the Tickford sticker look smick, all round a 'horn' car!

Just amazing how it can look so Black at night ...what does it look like in full sun?

Ahhh you remember now :P Unfortunately in full sun certain parts of paint work leave something to be desired, the bonnet and spoiler suffer from some oxidation/fading from the sun and the clear coat on my side mirror has peeled off so it looks s**t :( Also i think the front bumper has been resprayed at some poin in time and they haven't used the coreect two-pac primer because it is filled with stone chips. One daywhen i get the money i want to get the whole car resprayed. The rest of the paint works is farily decent, and looks so sexy in the sun after a detail (the metallic shines out in it so much).

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Kingkezza wrote:
markr154 wrote:

Ahhh you remember now :P Unfortunately in full sun certain parts of paint work leave something to be desired, the bonnet and spoiler suffer from some oxidation/fading from the sun and the clear coat on my side mirror has peeled off so it looks s**t :( Also i think the front bumper has been resprayed at some poin in time and they haven't used the coreect two-pac primer because it is filled with stone chips. One daywhen i get the money i want to get the whole car resprayed. The rest of the paint works is farily decent, and looks so sexy in the sun after a detail (the metallic shines out in it so much).

Yeah, can't wait to see what my EL paintwork is like, it looks immaculate in the pics, and the guy told me it's always been garaged ...so fingers crossed!

You'll get to see it yourself if it arrives in time for SUN ...but I still think I'll bring it round to you for a gander if it doesn't!

Where are you based in Perth?

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

markr154 wrote:
Kingkezza wrote:
markr154 wrote:

Yeah, can't wait to see what my EL paintwork is like, it looks immaculate in the pics, and the guy told me it's always been garaged ...so fingers crossed!

You'll get to see it yourself if it arrives in time for SUN ...but I still think I'll bring it round to you for a gander if it doesn't!

Where are you based in Perth?

I'm SOR in Casuarina (near rockingham). Would love to see it mate, so if iyou don't get it until after the cruise jsut give me a pm and drop around if you're ever down this way!

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

No worries ...let's hope it arrives this week anyway!

I reckon it'll be here TUES or WED, THURS latest.

Catch you soon mate.

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII/ED XR8

WA, Australia

im just around the corner from u kezza :lol:

Modified EBII/ED XR8

2.5" Twin system dumped at diff, pacemakers, 19" Impul's, low profiles, k+n filter, trip com, sunroof, massive doof doof, momo steering wheel, cruise, snorkel, lovells super lows on koni adjustables

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:11 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

i reckon go the herrod motorsport wheels. darren from FTG has em on his gt, they look HOT IMO. bit pricey but think u can get copies much cheaper that do the same job

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

scottr33gtst wrote:
im just around the corner from u kezza :lol:

Cool! :D What suburb r u mate?

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII/ED XR8

WA, Australia

anketell

Modified EBII/ED XR8

2.5" Twin system dumped at diff, pacemakers, 19" Impul's, low profiles, k+n filter, trip com, sunroof, massive doof doof, momo steering wheel, cruise, snorkel, lovells super lows on koni adjustables

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2