Fordmods Logo

BF Typhoon front bumper on the el mont 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BF Typhoon front bumper on the el mont
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:26 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont EL

WA, Australia

Ive been looking long and hard at the different body kits available for my monty and I came across the front bar thats a BF typhoon modified for EL's. I reckon it would look fat on my car. Ive got a set of the twin lights to wack on her and the combination of the both I reckon would be a winner. Im not a fan of the spaded ( u know that kinda shovel kinda look, dunno if thats the best way to describe it) look of alot of the other bars on the market. What ya reckon? They're pricey but reckon I'll be the one of the few getting around with that combo (twinlight & typhoon bar)

Dutchup von Boss

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:09 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF XR6

VIC, Australia

Awesome. DO IT!

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

or you could make your own one! :wink: but sounds like a good plan.. and i trust there will be lots of pic's posted? :wink:

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

Is this the one?? Made by Newgel in Canberra

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

SA, Australia

yeah it looks great
im gettig one done on my EF wagon and its only going to cost 2500 thats for a full BA gt kit including the hood fitted and painted
i reckon thats pretty cheap compeared to my mate who has a vs and it going to cost him 2100 for a vs/vr clubsport kit and thats with no mods done to it
where i have to have to get some body damage removed and custom front and skirts made up

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:19 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont EL

WA, Australia

My other half rekons that a kit would s**t he rekins me monty looks good as is. I dunno. Im not a fan of the tickford kits. I think they look to fussy. My twinlights will be on next week. Ill post sum pics

Dutchup von Boss

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

They need to make one for the XR's

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

I dont know, reminds me of how Commodore drivers put late model kits on their older Commys and we all bag them for it. Isnt this the same idea?

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

Samsy wrote:
I dont know, reminds me of how Commodore drivers put late model kits on their older Commys and we all bag them for it. Isnt this the same idea?

yeah but they put the square/pointy VY kits on the earlier rounded commodores..

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

amd the difference between BA/F and EF/L is the same, its just that commo drivers a sheep, one does it so they all do

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
amd the difference between BA/F and EF/L is the same, its just that commo drivers a sheep, one does it so they all do

could say the same about the ef's on here. every 2nd one has the same wheels in 17".. tickford kit and a 2.5" catback.. :roll:

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

true true true
but when it come down to the crunch there ain't s**t on the market in pre au let alone good looking when it comes to mags

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

GlennBA wrote:
67RCE wrote:

could say the same about the ef's on here. every 2nd one has the same wheels in 17".. tickford kit and a 2.5" catback.. :roll:

wow, a black ba with a fairmont grill and big wheeels :P
i dont think that this is isolated to one make/ model of car. i'm sure that you'll find that heaps of people do it, and unless you want to spend $$$ making your car really unique, you wont get away from that fact.
and spending big $$$ on any late model falcon is just stupid. one decent hit and its goodbye car, and all the money put into will is not reflected on the insurance pay out :P

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
GlennBA wrote:
67RCE wrote:

wow, a black ba with a fairmont grill and big wheeels :P
i dont think that this is isolated to one make/ model of car. i'm sure that you'll find that heaps of people do it, and unless you want to spend $$$ making your car really unique, you wont get away from that fact.
and spending big $$$ on any late model falcon is just stupid. one decent hit and its goodbye car, and all the money put into will is not reflected on the insurance pay out :P

lol sounds like i hit a sore spot. Where did i mention you need to have a late model falcon to have it looking like an original idea. You don't think mines original? I don't care what you think.. at least i'm still legally allowed to drive it :lol: :lol: :P

btw, its all insured full comp.

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:30 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF XR6

VIC, Australia

INSURED FULL COMP... LOL. I take it you've never had to make a claim before. No offence dude but you will cry when they give you the s**t market value rather than fix only minor damage!!
I like you're idea but if your with RACV get the f**k out before you have a minor incident and they write you car off!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next