Fordmods Logo

Bloody Woolies car park!!!! 

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Bloody Woolies car park!!!!
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Hi all, after alot of hassle with my computer im finally back :)

Anyway to the point... YET again i have been subject to another Woolworths car park damage situation this one being the worst so far!!!!!

Myself and my girlfriend were about to get out of the car, when a middle aged lady in a very nice RED BA XR6!! Pulls into the car park on my left hand side... Few seconds later F****!!!!! BANG!!!!!! their goes her door right onto mine making one hell of a noise might i add.!!!

And to my disgust she looks at me and waves her hand li9ke nothing happened and walked off!!!!!! So yeah, such a nice thing to do.

Anyways i checked the damage and the dent left was quite large, about 30cm by 30cm in length and width from the door handle all the weay down to the pin strip, which was also damaged. The depth of the dent is also quite large and quite noticable form a distance!! :x

So yeah i need to get quotes on it so i can make the bastards pay for the damaged they did!! I sure hell aint forking out $250 and letting my premiums increase. I will try to post up some pictures of it but yeah not too happy about it.

If thier are any panel beaters in SA/ Adelaide area that would be willing to help me out that would be awesome. :P

Anyway pics will be comming soon.

Cheers

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:46 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

30cm x 30cm is a big dint for a door to make?

Spewign though, at least you saw it and can catch the clprits.

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
30cm x 30cm is a big dint for a door to make?

Spewign though, at least you saw it and can catch the clprits.

Thats it least u got details what a b**ch....mate not havin much luck hey that sucks

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Actually the dent may not be 30cm wide but it is pretty bad considering it was only a door that caused the damage in the first place, the door handle and pinstrip saved it from being a bloody huge dent!! and no the culprits walked off as soon as they did it.

The lady had a kid and her mum with her too so yer (obviously had no time to swap details) so i got her rego down and went to the cops and everything.

But surprise surprise they arent going to do a rego vechicle check either :x So yeah its all up to Transport SA hopefully they can track down the b**ch that did it. :P

Im hoping it was a local too because thier are sfa RED BA XR6's in Victor Harbor :evil:

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:55 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Why wouldnt the cops do a rego check? Privacy act?

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Why the hell didnt you ask her for her details? They didnt give a f**k about your car so dont give a f**k about how busy they looked or who was with them. Dont just let them walk away if you saw it.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Post subject: Not related
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:24 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont 2001 series 3

VIC, Australia

Victor harbour, i was there about a month ago for schoolies. AWESOME time the Sa b**ch are great and i don't know if you would of read the paper but me and some of my mates were the one's who were swiming through shark ally (didnt know it was at the time) to get to writgh's island. Good fun till we found out that the locals called it in and the sea rescue squad came out and the cops too, suposidly we were swimers in distress.

Anyway just thought id share lol
good times

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yes Victor Harbor and schoolies... fun for the schoolies and a fkn nightmare for the people that have to work during it :(

Anyway to the point, by the time i got out the car and looked at the damaged the lady was already in the store i went to go look for her i couldnt find her so yeah, i was just a little shocked about the whole thing.

The police wouldnt do the rego check as the incident didnt come under a vehicle colision or motor accident as such. So basically Transport Sa have to contact them and send them a letter saying that your details are needed by my insurance company due to a claims insurance policy involving the owner of this car and so forth.

Should find out within the next couple of weeks if they got the info or not.

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: '98 EL XR8

NT, Australia

Yeah f**k that man!

Im so paranoid about dents and scratches since I got the BA. Whenever someone parks next to me I have to watch them...

I feel like since I got the new car that d***head are more attracted to it...

Whatever you do, make the bastards pay! How fukin rude, just walked off...

"...we can rebuild him, we have the technology... we just dont want to spend a lot of money."
SIX MILLION PESO FALCON

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:

The police wouldnt do the rego check as the incident didnt come under a vehicle colision or motor accident as such. So basically Transport Sa have to contact them and send them a letter saying that your details are needed by my insurance company due to a claims insurance policy involving the owner of this car and so forth.

Tell the cops the damage will cost more than $500 to fix and they'll have to treat it like an accident :)

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

would you need to provide proof from a smash repairer or something to make that claim ?

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Happy wrote:
would you need to provide proof from a smash repairer or something to make that claim ?

Well i was always taught in drivers ed at school that you have to report an accident if there's $500 damage ... once the report's been made it's too late :)

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

yeah why did you let them walk off?

i watched someone do it to my car, they only put a scratch on the side mirror, so i went off my f**k rocker at them!! :lol:

silly b**ch!!

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Happy wrote:

Well i was always taught in drivers ed at school that you have to report an accident if there's $500 damage ... once the report's been made it's too late :)

yeah I had that said to me as well, also if there are any injuries ... trouble is it is a bit hard to judge damage $$$'s sometimes...

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

No I would have gone off my nut. I would have called her back until I could assess the damage, and then swap details. Especially, after having waved me off like some d***head that didn't know any better. And if she refused, I would have accused her of walking away from the scene of an accident, and threatened to call the police. I'm sure she would've come back.
I too am paranoid about someone touching my car. I hate going to shopping centers especially when mum wants me to drive her down there. I can't relax. But every other time I park at a great distance from anyone else, the extra walk is well worth the effort in the long run. Especially after my last carpark "runaway trolley" incident. :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next