Fordmods Logo

Car Wash Products 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Car Wash Products
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

What brands of car wash products do you use and what results do you get?
I'm looking for some decent car wash but unsure of the best brand/products to buy. I've been using some red coloured ArmorAll stuff but it's absolute crap - No matter how much you use and how hard you scrub with the sponge it does bugger all.

Post subject: Re: Car Wash Products
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

I use the blue armorall stuff. It's okay, I guess. Has a wax coating in it etc. s**t for windows though.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
I use the blue armorall stuff. It's okay, I guess. Has a wax coating in it etc. s**t for windows though.

+1

Use the blue Armor All car wash one. It cleans the car well enough IMO...if you want a good finish a wax after a wash is best anyway.

I find that using hot/warm soapy water instead of cold water makes cleaning much easier. I tend to rinse the car first and soap/scrub/rinse in parts rather than the whole car in one go. Removes dirt much better, especially on hot days when the soap carries the dirt and as it dries leaves dirt rings.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

+1 on the armour all blue, its not to expensive and does the job. I am a big fan of turtle scratch and swirl wax too, that works a treat and finally meguires tyre shine thats purple and smells like bubble gum is expensive but lasts ages ond gives a great tyre shine

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

i use Chemtech CT20 Wash & Wax i buy it by the 5 Litre bottle when it's on special at supercheap, puts a nice shine on the car and between washes which is every 10 days the car only ever needs a hose off.....

not the cheapest stuff but is extremely good quality and is used on both my cars, also comes just as a wash and it's called ct18 also there is a Chemtech Alushine Metal Polish so all in all pretty good stuff.....

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Au fairmont seires I

QLD, Australia

The best on the australian market is bowdens, its in all autobarn stores now and i know the guys personally who created it here on the coast. just the wash alone makes the car sparkle without any other products from them. and it doesnt contain silicon cos that actually does damage to leather and paint.

People hate the au series but i wouldnt have it any other way!!!

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:47 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:

+1

Use the blue Armor All car wash one. It cleans the car well enough IMO...if you want a good finish a wax after a wash is best anyway.

I find that using hot/warm soapy water instead of cold water makes cleaning much easier. I tend to rinse the car first and soap/scrub/rinse in parts rather than the whole car in one go. Removes dirt much better, especially on hot days when the soap carries the dirt and as it dries leaves dirt rings.

phongs technique ftw.

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

phongus wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:

+1

im the same
a few things ive found to provide a better finish with armor all wash and wax is a higher concentrate of it mixed with the water(if you make the mix high enough it can also be used to shine your tyres) and i use nothing but microfiber sponge as they clean the car much better and make it so your not just pushing dirt along the car (that does scratch your paint) then i use a microfiber chamois to dry the car as it also removes a fine layer or dirts etc that ruin your finish then every 2 months i claybar the car then use step 2 & 3 of mothers ultimate wax system to maintain the finish and every 6-12 months (depends on the state of the car) i use the entire ultimate wax system after a clay bar and i apply rain x every 3 months as well to all the windows/windshields

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I could never get the idea of the "waterless wash" products. They use to sell like hot cakes at the petrol station i use to work at, but all you doing is transfering dirt fibres over your paintwork. Polyglase blue is alright too

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]