Cheap headlights 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Cheap headlights
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 96 XH Ute & 650 Dragstar

WA, Australia

Hey guys i tried doing the rub back thing with the sandpaper and gotta say it worked really well and was happy with it until i saw the headlight sets for sale for $130 for ef/xh, so i bought them. (that is for BOTH sides). I know he has EL sets too.

They arrived today and are well worth it, and yes even a female can fit them so they aint too hard to fit :P

For those of you who need the headlights replaced, its hell of a lot cheaper than ford!!

i dont know this guy or have anything to do with his business, but he is great to deal with and wouldnt hesitate buying off him again. www.sports-lights.com

cheers

Group A kit
clear side repeaters
2.5" sports exhaust
17" BA XR8 rims
Performance Sports tail lights
More mods to come ...
Life’s a b**ch, and so am I

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 96 XH Ute & 650 Dragstar

WA, Australia

Mine arrived yesterday arvo and whacked them in straight away without any probs, they appreared to be a good fit, altho i ended up taking them out again coz the ute is going in to be fitted for new bodykit tomorrow morning then off to the panel beaters on monday so am waiting until i get it back next wednesday to refit them.

When i put them back in i am sure i will take more notice and post pics :)

Yeah $130 was a wicked price considering Ford are asking double that and i think was for each side too.

Cheers

Group A kit
clear side repeaters
2.5" sports exhaust
17" BA XR8 rims
Performance Sports tail lights
More mods to come ...
Life’s a b**ch, and so am I

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Jesus. I bought new ones from a Ford wreaker a few months back and payed about $230 for the pair.

I was dissapinted with them aswell because the high beams aren't aimed properly in the unit so you can only have the low beams aimed properly and have the highs too low, or have the highs the right height and dazzle everyone with your lows all the time.

If I had have only payed $130 for the set and this happened it wouldn't be so bad, and if I had have only payed $130 for the set and everything was perfect, it would have been even better.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Are there Fairmont/Fairlane/LTD ones on there? Can't find them.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Are there Fairmont/Fairlane/LTD ones on there? Can't find them.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6T

SA, Australia

they sound good and look good on the site.... do they fit properly?
I have heard of these things not lining up correctly?

If they do, $130 is awsome!!!

"This is FORD country.... Where on a quiet day you can hear the HOLDENS rusting...."

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

why is my post always at the bottom of the thread?????

"This is FORD country.... Where on a quiet day you can hear the HOLDENS rusting...."

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Can you get them in a Clear Lens

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU wag/BAXR front

VIC, Australia

As the old saying goes, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". I,ve traded some of those headlights from people who have purchased them, & they tell me that they do not align correctly, have very poor reflective capability & do not fit properly. In stripping some down, I've found major burning/melting of the wiring loom & around the globe retainer (with std 60/55 bulbs). Average life span of @6 months. Ford spend millions on research & development of headlights, a cheap & nasty knockoff can be an expensive/dangerous exercise. I can attest to them being great door stops though. :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

the dok wrote:
As the old saying goes, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". I,ve traded some of those headlights from people who have purchased them, & they tell me that they do not align correctly, have very poor reflective capability & do not fit properly. In stripping some down, I've found major burning/melting of the wiring loom & around the globe retainer (with std 60/55 bulbs). Average life span of @6 months. Ford spend millions on research & development of headlights, a cheap & nasty knockoff can be an expensive/dangerous exercise. I can attest to them being great door stops though. :lol:

everything you have said is exactly what worries me about purchasing a pair of these headlights.
Were the ones you stripped down from the same place as this thread is talking about?

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: One must be careful about who one upsets when it comes to forum sponsors etc, so I'll choose my response carefully. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited by the dok on Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

XR~ADZ wrote:
the dok wrote:

everything you have said is exactly what worries me about purchasing a pair of these headlights.
Were the ones you stripped down from the same place as this thread is talking about?
Not sure where my customer purchased them from, however, all the non genuine/Taiwanese imports originate from the same source & should be avoided by the more discerning purchaser!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]