Fordmods Logo

DAM IT! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

fit EA to ED studs, cutting them may weaken the studs and be uneven in weight.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:29 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

ahhh from memory it was close to 10mm man, jsut got in their with a small grinder and was very careful, but yeh end of the day had no dramas or nething jsut make sure when ur done clean the ends up from burs etc so not to thread ur adaptor nuts. good luck with it mate

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

dumpdef wrote:
ahhh from memory it was close to 10mm man, jsut got in their with a small grinder and was very careful, but yeh end of the day had no dramas or nething jsut make sure when ur done clean the ends up from burs etc so not to thread ur adaptor nuts. good luck with it mate
cool so urs holds up ok? do you drive your car much??

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

matthew5772 wrote:
fit EA to ED studs, cutting them may weaken the studs and be uneven in weight.
are EA, ED studs the same as EF studs??

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok was just on the phone to TEMPETYRES, talked 2 a guy called Hussien, his words exactly where "OH for da falcon bro? like yeah cut da tops of da wheel studs and they will like fit on da adaptor bro, we like do that with all the falcons man. Hope hes right......

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

F**k if tempe tyres are like that, i am not getting anything through them phat that, i was looking at getting 19's with hub adaptors but f**k that for a joke

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeah its f%$king stupid ive spent over 2000 and no f**k will help me or give me a correct answer, and i asked them so many times will they fit, is the correct size, will anyother mods need 2 be done, no other tyre company in my area wanna touch the wheels or adaptors or help me with spacers, F$#king stupid the fact is they told me it would all fit up correctly and its doesnt!

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

if u dnt mind me asking what mags did ya end up getting, F**k that is pretty low of tempe, u should think that they would tell customers everything that needs doing

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Vault Crystals 18inch 7.5

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:38 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

You think Tempe would be more helpful, i guess cuting the ends of would be ok, where there is no thread. I think its beter than puting spacers in as well.
But be careful of the thread man (stating the obvious)
Still at a loss to think that they are too long?

Gota be p****d off but man, nothing worse than buying something that should fit, but doesnt

Last edited by danny boy on Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

put EB-ED studs in dude. im going to do that. i think ive still got my old EB diff hanging round. they are deffinatley shorter dude

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:42 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

had exact same problems with tempe as well they r f**k usless i wish i never went to them, i lived in townsville and when they sent the wheels they sent three falcon wheels and one commodore stud patern had to send it back and had to pay for shipping,2 weeks later got the correct wheel, told me they were comin with falken rubber ended up nankang, called them about 3 times to speak to john and f**k hussien or whoever he was and got the same s**t bla bla bro this and that bro, not actualy givin me an answer. but yeh to asnwer ya question i drive me car heaps and had no problems with it after i cut them down a bit but yeh jsut measure it up a few times make sure ur spot on and i cant stress enough to clean the burs etc or ull f**k ya nuts(mate did it and had to get new hubs n s**t) anyway hope this all helps good luck dude

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

man id be taking it to another wheel place, jax or something and asking them either to fit em (around $20) or ask them what to do mate before u go hackin at ya car

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah im just gonna trim em up, i only need 2 take off 3-4mm, im a bit more calm now lol. the thread will be no where near the bit im cutting so should be sweet, ill just make sure i clean em all up nice and sweet. 2 weeks till shes all done!!!

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

are ef and el studs the same coz im about to get some hub adaptors for my elxr8 but im geting them from a bloke on ebay and i spoke to him a few times and he reckons he has been selling them for ages with no problems but he could be like temp tyres and just wants to make a sale

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next