Fordmods Logo

Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:48 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 110

Joined: 17th May 2008

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Hey all,

Haven't been on here in a while. I remember a couple years ago there was talk of a sponsor of the site who did really good quality detailing. I'm looking to get my XT cleaned up a bit if anyone can recommend me a place. I just moved to Melbourne so still trying to sort everything out.

 

_________________

Silver 2003 BA XT - 2 ported 12" Alpine type R subs, 5 by 7 Alpine type R rears, 5 and half inch Alpine splits up front, Alpine head unit.

Blue dome and footwell neons. Debadged and deaerialed. Custom front grill.

Wheels and lowering to come next, then exhaust.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 65

Posts: 971

Joined: 11th Jan 2005

Ride: BA MK11

Location: West Melbourne
VIC, Australia

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/sh ... h/laverton
I use these guys all the time,for washing and vacuuming.My son is a dealer principal locally, and all his cars go to them.

 

_________________

The older I get the better I was!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:55 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 110

Joined: 17th May 2008

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

I'm more after a place to get a cut and polish and all the little details that are hard to clean yourself. Particularly the interior.

 

_________________

Silver 2003 BA XT - 2 ported 12" Alpine type R subs, 5 by 7 Alpine type R rears, 5 and half inch Alpine splits up front, Alpine head unit.

Blue dome and footwell neons. Debadged and deaerialed. Custom front grill.

Wheels and lowering to come next, then exhaust.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 340

Joined: 4th Nov 2009

Ride: EFII Fairmont XR8

Location: hobart
TAS, Australia

Is Final Inspection in Melbourne? If so go there.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 65

Posts: 971

Joined: 11th Jan 2005

Ride: BA MK11

Location: West Melbourne
VIC, Australia

The guys I quoted are excellent at detailing,otherwise my son wouldn't bother to use them!

 

_________________

The older I get the better I was!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 110

Joined: 17th May 2008

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Awesome I'll give them a looksee.Final Inspection, I'll have a look for them too. Cheers for the replies.

 

_________________

Silver 2003 BA XT - 2 ported 12" Alpine type R subs, 5 by 7 Alpine type R rears, 5 and half inch Alpine splits up front, Alpine head unit.

Blue dome and footwell neons. Debadged and deaerialed. Custom front grill.

Wheels and lowering to come next, then exhaust.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

kwaussiekid wrote:
The guys I quoted are excellent at detailing,otherwise my son wouldn't bother to use them!


I hate to say it, but they are really not good if a dealership is using them. To the OP, Mario at Euroglosss Prestige, or Damien at Final Inspection are the two guys in Melbourne to see.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 65

Posts: 971

Joined: 11th Jan 2005

Ride: BA MK11

Location: West Melbourne
VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
kwaussiekid wrote:
The guys I quoted are excellent at detailing,otherwise my son wouldn't bother to use them!


I hate to say it, but they are really not good if a dealership is using them. To the OP, Mario at Euroglosss Prestige, or Damien at Final Inspection are the two guys in Melbourne to see.

So you think a dealership has no care about the condition of the cars they deliver to their customers?

 

_________________

The older I get the better I was!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

kwaussiekid wrote:
67RCE wrote:
kwaussiekid wrote:
The guys I quoted are excellent at detailing,otherwise my son wouldn't bother to use them!


I hate to say it, but they are really not good if a dealership is using them. To the OP, Mario at Euroglosss Prestige, or Damien at Final Inspection are the two guys in Melbourne to see.

So you think a dealership has no care about the condition of the cars they deliver to their customers?

They don't! as long as the car looks good on the lot, and the "detailing" is done as cheap as possible, they don't care! I have been detailing for car yards before.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 65

Posts: 971

Joined: 11th Jan 2005

Ride: BA MK11

Location: West Melbourne
VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
kwaussiekid wrote:
67RCE wrote:
kwaussiekid wrote:
The guys I quoted are excellent at detailing,otherwise my son wouldn't bother to use them!


I hate to say it, but they are really not good if a dealership is using them. To the OP, Mario at Euroglosss Prestige, or Damien at Final Inspection are the two guys in Melbourne to see.

So you think a dealership has no care about the condition of the cars they deliver to their customers?

They don't! as long as the car looks good on the lot, and the "detailing" is done as cheap as possible, they don't care! I have been detailing for car yards before.

Perhaps that is why you are not in the business now?

 

_________________

The older I get the better I was!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

kwaussiekid wrote:
67RCE wrote:
kwaussiekid wrote:
67RCE wrote:
kwaussiekid wrote:
The guys I quoted are excellent at detailing,otherwise my son wouldn't bother to use them!


I hate to say it, but they are really not good if a dealership is using them. To the OP, Mario at Euroglosss Prestige, or Damien at Final Inspection are the two guys in Melbourne to see.

So you think a dealership has no care about the condition of the cars they deliver to their customers?

They don't! as long as the car looks good on the lot, and the "detailing" is done as cheap as possible, they don't care! I have been detailing for car yards before.

Perhaps that is why you are not in the business now?

No, I'm not in it because I went into something that payed more!

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 65

Posts: 971

Joined: 11th Jan 2005

Ride: BA MK11

Location: West Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Your poor workmanship and attitude was you undoing,so low income.These guys make good money.

 

_________________

The older I get the better I was!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Mate, the money in Detailing is in the private sector. Stealerships expect a full detail for $100, what do you think they get? a detail using $150 in materials, or one using the cheapest possible materials?

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 9

Joined: 8th Mar 2010

Ride: Ba 2 xr6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

In all honesty i have to side with 67rce...

when buying my car i asked the caryard to redetail for me as there was a large number of swirl marks... we came to an agreement of 50/50 on price as i was going to sign that day...

Cost me under $100, and there wasnt much of a diff.

Later when i had the money got a final inspection exterior detail done...
cost me $288

The difference was amazing...

No swirls at all!!

Comes down to what you expect and the size of your wallet.. are you one of those people who picks swirl marks in cars??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Detailing business in Melb - recommend me one
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 9

Joined: 8th Mar 2010

Ride: Ba 2 xr6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

double post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names