Fordmods Logo

EF/EL Tickford aftermarket sideskirt door spats 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EF/EL Tickford aftermarket sideskirt door spats
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

my sideskirts just arrived and I can't see how the door spats go on. there's no were to screw them or anything and there's only the outter rim area that contacts on the door so i presume they get glued on? anyone else fitted some, and what did you use?

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

i think side skirts need to be sikaflexed(sp?) on. i got some skirts for my au and they had no screw holes either.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

GlennAUII wrote:
i think side skirts need to be sikaflexed(sp?) on. i got some skirts for my au and they had no screw holes either.


i know how'da put the sidies on, just nopt the door spats!

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:35 pm 
Commercial Sponsor
Offline

Age: 65

Posts: 463

Joined: 4th Dec 2004

Ride: AU ute

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Well, if your supplier has done a cheapskate job and not put any internal mountings, the only way to do it is with lots of Sikaflex.

 

_________________

Commercial Sponsor
Canberra Car Styling
[url=canberracarstyling.com.au]Image[/url]

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 1380

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

mine came with little metal tabs that let you screw them in as well as sikaflexing them on and they look perfect

 

_________________

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Bob Hall wrote:
Well, if your supplier has done a cheapskate job and not put any internal mountings, the only way to do it is with lots of Sikaflex.


Hmmmm... They were the only mob doing the sidies for wagons. And teh quality of the work is awsome. No little pin holes or anything in the fiberglass.


EDIT: I am a moron. The door spats were taped together and I had just stretched them and looked in at the top, undid the tape, and what do you know! There's two tabes on the bottom for screws! Problem solved!

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1380

Joined: 13th Dec 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Bob Hall wrote:
Well, if your supplier has done a cheapskate job and not put any internal mountings, the only way to do it is with lots of Sikaflex.


Hmmmm... They were the only mob doing the sidies for wagons. And teh quality of the work is awsome. No little pin holes or anything in the fiberglass.


EDIT: I am a moron. The door spats were taped together and I had just stretched them and looked in at the top, undid the tape, and what do you know! There's two tabes on the bottom for screws! Problem solved!
hahahaha you shouldnt have said anything :P lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:45 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 260

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Ride: EL XR6

Power: 141 rwkw

Location: Liverpool
NSW, Australia

hey dude, where did u pick up the side skirts from as im looking for a pair for my EL. how much were they???
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:31 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names