Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

FLASH wrote:
AAAAAHHHHHHAAA ha ha ha ha

i was being sarcastic guys!! Note the little laughing guy??? of course there illegal. There drag slicks!!! some how i don't think 12 inch wide slick tyres are legal anyway. There just for the strip.

hehe its ok I saw the smiley knew you were being sarcastic my response was more directed at the comment FordFairmont listed above as you see I was actually quoting him....even if these werent slick as previously posted in this thread some guys are running 11" wide street tyres on their cars and highly doubt they are legal...im not sure what part of QLD road legislation they are reading but there are very specific entries in the ADR (national overbearing standards) that make these mods illegal...

Like many who have these massive width rims...these normally arent a factory fitment wheel and need hub adaptors etc - which without engineering certification even though a legal mod without the cert to say so it is illegal.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

No worries, i just thought as you quoted him and he quoted me about the legality of the tyres i ran with it.

I think you can run a 11" (285) as the El gt had fats on the back. The issue being is you cant increase the wheel track by more than 25mm. So this basically means after you go the 25mm increase in track you can only go inwards which limits your tyre size without going to modified inner guards and so on.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Big Kev wrote:

hehe its ok I saw the smiley knew you were being sarcastic my response was more directed at the comment FordFairmont listed above as you see I was actually quoting him.....

i was joking around as well...... wheels tyres obviously illegal lol

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

FLASH wrote:
No worries, i just thought as you quoted him and he quoted me about the legality of the tyres i ran with it.

I think you can run a 11" (285) as the El gt had fats on the back. The issue being is you cant increase the wheel track by more than 25mm. So this basically means after you go the 25mm increase in track you can only go inwards which limits your tyre size without going to modified inner guards and so on.

hehe you also know that the wheel tyre/size guides are based on how your car come factory - yes GTs can run that larger or slightly larger as they're tyre/wheel placard says so...a more run of the mill e-series is a lot smaller...so what they can have is also limited...unless you get a new placard made up and engineering approval (altho I think its been changed and tyre placards are no longer changed).

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3