Fordmods Logo

fg side indicators vs name plaques 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: fg side indicators vs name plaques
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

rather than find people in the know one by one and ask them, i thought i might ask this way. as you know i have a g6e, which comes with the badges on the side. after numerous mods the beast is going to be debadged, but rather than rebadge the sides im considering putting in indicators. what im wondering is wether the wiring and globe holder will be there to support the side indicators, seeing as they are moved to the mirror on higher series? bsically is the car pre wired to support both wing mirror and side panel indicators at the same time?

Post subject: Re: fg side indicators vs name plaques
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

I actually did the reverse of what you are doing on my FG XR. I wired in the G6E mirrors with indicators and took out the guard panel indicators.

My car was not pre-wired to to run both, and most likely yours wont be as well...pop out the guard badge and have a looksie :) . You'll find that the indicator assembly for the guard has the globe holder and clip inbuilt in the one unit...ive still got mine left over if you want them....its just a matter of wiring them up.

Mine wasnt too hard to do, Im doing a GT replica so i filled in the guards with the FPV blanking plate.

You could always splice off the mirror wiring assembly and re route to the front guard.

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

cheers andrew. im not looking to remove my mirror indicator function. i was more wondering if ford use the same base harness with side panel indicators in all cars even if their not used, and simply change door looms to suit high or low cars? i dont see my car as an fpv and cant justify spending that much folding stuff on the fpv panel badges, so i thought i may go unique and run both as indicators. can you send me a pic of the left over piece you have so i know what im looking for? will it be a simple plug and play job or is it a get out the soldering iron setup?

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

just had a look at the two different wiring looms and they are completely different. Mine was pretty straight forward but still required some extra wiring and soldering. All you would need to do is solder two extra wires into pin 6 and 8 i think...have to confirm and run them through to the fronts guards, pop in the indicator which already has the clip and and pin connection inbuilt and bobs your uncle.

I'll take a photo of the indicator assembly from behind and show you. Mines not an FPV either but i did manage to pick the side badges, all the front grills, badges, front bar for a total of $700 bucks and had the bar painted :D I think i was pretty lucky.

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon BF MkII XR8

VIC, Australia

Hi Andrew, I've put g6e mirrors w/ indicator on my xr50T ute and was wondering what you had to do to get indicators on mirrors working?
I've completely changed the wiring looms over and hooked everything back to work like before but indicators only flash on the guard panels. I've got 50th badge to replace guard panel indicator but haven't done it yet until I know I can get the mirrors to flash.
Cheers.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I literally removed the loom connector plug that goes into the guard indicator, cut it off and soldered on the mirror white 6 pin mirror plug, plugged it in and all worked. Just chop and change of the plugs really.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]