Fordmods Logo

Fixing My Paint Slowly (Progress Pictures) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Fixing My Paint Slowly (Progress Pictures)
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Hi Guys and Girls.......

Today i started to fix the flaky white s**t (clear coat) that is coming of i gave it a light sand on the little marks around the panel near the boot and passenger side guard i think iam going alright...... gave it a sand with some wet and dry (unknown grade)..... used it dry and wiped off the debri with a cloth......All i have to do is to sand the roof in patches were the white cancery s**t it..... and need to sand my bonnet were i went so wrong months back.....

A few queastions will this "cure" the "cancer" so to speak or do i really need to sand it back to bare metal and start again?

Or should just sanding it back a few layers and re-priming and then painting it once more....

I will post some picture on my lunch break tomorrow....

Cheers Geoff

P.S. I read the various other posts on painting but didn't find what i needed?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Last edited by Froudey on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

the best way to go about a job like this one is to sand the whole car back lightly with an 800-1000 grade sand paper and respray the whole car as doin patches will make it look ugly

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

horis wrote:
the best way to go about a job like this one is to sand the whole car back lightly with an 800-1000 grade sand paper and respray the whole car as doin patches will make it look ugly

yeah i will be doing this in the long run but at the moment just want to get rid of the crappy flaky paint........

I saw something on the DYI channel on Austar bloke resprayed his car in his back yard.......

He went and brought the paint etc etc (of course)
and then he got one of them enclosed gazebo things taped the windows shut and used that as his clean spary booth i think i will have alook on the net and get some plans and i will do it this way but just for the moment i will clean it up so it will be a less of a C*** when i finally do it......

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Here is some Progress Pictures of my bonnet and roof...........

Attachments:
File comment: near boot
P8250112.JPG
P8250112.JPG [ 170.44 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]
File comment: roof 2
P8250109.JPG
P8250109.JPG [ 173.88 KiB | Viewed 124 times ]
File comment: Roof
P8250105.JPG
P8250105.JPG [ 167.89 KiB | Viewed 162 times ]
File comment: Bonnet
P8250103.JPG
P8250103.JPG [ 170.24 KiB | Viewed 148 times ]

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

fair bit of work to do; Ahh

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 5 speed. 96 Ford Fairmont

NT, Australia

na319 wrote:
woaah you just made your self some work :D Now it looks like crap ya have to finish it lol. Good incentive I guess.

Good luck with it. Looks like it will be fun. I just scanned through your first post but are you prepping it for paint or just doing patches?

I wouldn't mind having a stab at something like this but I havnt got the balls to touch my car. Not that it needs doing....

Cheers, Nathan

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nath_ wrote:
na319 wrote:
woaah you just made your self some work :D Now it looks like crap ya have to finish it lol. Good incentive I guess.

Good luck with it. Looks like it will be fun. I just scanned through your first post but are you prepping it for paint or just doing patches?

I wouldn't mind having a stab at something like this but I havnt got the balls to touch my car. Not that it needs doing....

Cheers, Nathan

well i think i will have to do the bonnet and roof in one hit cause they are the worst effected areas. there is a tiny bit or flaky ness / stone chips near the front guard near the corner light. the bit near the boot is some more flaky s**t but small easy done area and the passenger door looks a bit white but i think a commercial grade cut and polish will "rejuvenate the clear". i think it will come out alright....

I am thinking of painting the bonnet white and then marking out stripes ALA early GT and painting black or even putting flames into the stripes i had this done on my old skyline

Attachments:
File comment: i got this done at the local AZTEC signs i got the idea of a toy monster truck thing and then a few months after i got this done pimp my ride done something similiar but painted of course on a old 75 belair or something
Skyline 2.jpg
Skyline 2.jpg [ 124.78 KiB | Viewed 141 times ]
File comment: This car was Org two tone silver on top and gun metal grey on bottom as you can see i painted this car in patches and it came out pretty well
Skyline 1.jpg
Skyline 1.jpg [ 121.48 KiB | Viewed 152 times ]

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey Hey

Last Saturday and Sunday sanded the bonnet down and sprayed with spray putty stuff... it bubbled f**k it s**t me off. so i sanded it back again and painted it grey primer and let that dry and spray some white guide coat on and sanded it back it brought out a heap of scractches so this weekend i will get some brand name spray primer stuff and fix the scratches etc etc and then will clean it up and take it to a panel beater person that i now and organise a time for him to paint it and should be smicko

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]