Fordmods Logo

Ford Parts Beginner 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford Parts Beginner
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hey Guys

I've just bought a black ford XR6 Mk2 2005 model. Pretty excited! Just wanted to ask ya's, I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to adding parts to a car but what I wanted to know a few things.

I was watching the V8 cars on the weekened and I took an instant liking to the Ford BF V8 SuperCar! Do you know whether its possible to buy the same body kit? Or even the wing at least?

Secondly I would like to add two dual exhausts to the car but not to sure how big or wide they should be. Any advice in this area would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thirdly wanted to know whether you can buy those blue halogen lights for a ford? Also i was thinking of lowering the car but not to sure whether I should by mags first or lower it? I'm not to sure how big you can go on the wheels?? Some told me 18"

Thanks guys for your support and advice. Talk to all soon

Cheers

Rocky

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: nf fairlane ghia

SA, Australia

i think its legal to do +2(or 2 sizes up from your stock wheels)

Autobahn have blue globes for ya from $55. in latest cat.
dont know if you have them there

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

wheels you can go any size so long as the rolling circumference is no bigger than 2 inchs than stock .so in other words you can have a big rim and really low profile tyre ,

bulbs depends on the blue your talking bout the blue bulbs that ruffian is talking bout dont really give that blue look like mercs and s**t do as the ones in them are xeon (cant spell it) gas bulbs but auto barn do these kits for like $300+ but are illeagel to fit as your car didnt have em standard but cops dont know the difference as ive been pulled up and mine passed(dam rbt's)

wing and kit might be harder to find though not to sure where ya can get em but im sure someone dose

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Wheel rules and regulations are state dependent! Check with your South Australian authorities, as what these two above from other states are telling you is possibly going to be different!

Any auto store should be able to sell yoyu the blue halogeon bulbs. I'd go with Narva Artic Blues or what ever they're called - there as blue as you can legally go. If you don't car about the legalities go to Autobarn and get the Philips ones, there top of teh range ones, there about $150.00 for the pair but and not legal for use on the road.
Another alternative is HID kit, although I don't think these are allowed in most states either unless factory fitted. And they're rather exy.

As for dual exhaust, for performance don't bother at all. Your cars an I6, it'll be no benifit. If your after for looks. Consider having just a faker tip put on the other side. You'll need your rear bar modified with a second exhaust dip on the other side obviously - or a replacement bar from AWC with this done (see awcinfo.com.au).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]