Front lights 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Front lights
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EL Falcon GLI

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, i have a 97 GLI, the right front light has been acting a bit strange lately, it goes on for 5 mins, goes off, goes on goes off, if i hit it, it goes back on, hit it again it goes off, is this just a lose globe or do i need a replacement? I just wanted to know before it pull it apart, because its on the dodgey side of my car, where you gotta pull out the battery to get to the lights!!! GRRR!!! unless you wanna burn your hand on something :P So yeah any comments and theories would be welcomed
cheers
Jason

Buy my car :) cause i just bought a BA XR6 :)

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

SA, Australia

i find it easier to take out the light rather than the battery. try swapping globes?!

Sometimes when you do something right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. (Futurama, Episode - Godfellows)

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EL Falcon GLI

VIC, Australia

like as in take out the whole casing around it? i was looking at that last night, wasnt sure if it would work, but to get the globe out, as far as i knew, you had to unscrew that cap which is blocked by the battery unless you have small hands, so i can just take off the light casing itself?

Buy my car :) cause i just bought a BA XR6 :)

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

SA, Australia

i just take the whole light out and the indicator, i guess it may be more work but im too lazy to disconnect the battery, unclamp it pull it out, change bulbs, put battery in, connect battery then find out if it works or not, at least by taking out the light its easier to see if it works!!

Sometimes when you do something right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. (Futurama, Episode - Godfellows)

Post subject: Re: Front lights
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Mohekn wrote:
Hey guys, i have a 97 GLI, the right front light has been acting a bit strange lately, it goes on for 5 mins, goes off, goes on goes off, if i hit it, it goes back on, hit it again it goes off, is this just a lose globe or do i need a replacement? I just wanted to know before it pull it apart, because its on the dodgey side of my car, where you gotta pull out the battery to get to the lights!!! GRRR!!! unless you wanna burn your hand on something :P So yeah any comments and theories would be welcomed
cheers
Jason

The globe may have a broken connection in it, that connects briefly when you hit the light.
As bentfairmont has suggested remove the whole headlight assembly from the drivers side to access the globe, or remove the battery. Then swap the globes over to the passenger side. If the fault then swaps sides you will know its the bulb.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]