Fordmods Logo

Has anyone purchased from tempe tyres??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Has anyone purchased from tempe tyres???
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

If so how are they to deal with?????
Are their packages any good when they arrive/get fitted???
As i have seen a package that i like, and was wondering whether or not they are a good bunch of people there. And when i buy the wheel packages are the tyres brand new or are they remoulds?????

Thanks, if i have anymore questions that i can think of i will post them up.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

i have had no probs with them when i got the tyres for the old girls car. Give then a ring about the retreads on the packages cause when i got mine the original price was for retreds. i paid the extra 80 dolla or so and got some decent tyres

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:45 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: EF Falcon

WA, Australia

Yeah i bought my rims and tyres off them in a package but i did it over the phone from the otherside of the country (check gallery for pics)

They are good to deal with but i got the feeling they dont like talking much very short and abrupt answeres when i asked them some questions also very hard to get in contact over the phone. When i bought mine they told me they didnt have any in stock and it would be a 2-3 week wait, but 4 days later they rocked up on my door step.

The packages are good and very cheap, cheaper than anywhere in Perth. My rims were spotless not a scratch on them and the tyres they use NANKANG NS-II tyres which are brand new. When you get them, all you have to do is put them straight onto your car, they are even pumped up with air :lol: .

Im very happy with my package and i would reccomend them to anybody.

6 IN A ROW, THE WAY TO GO

- Lukey 2.5' Sports Exhaust, Genie Extractors, High flow Cat
- 18 grade tint
- King Spring Super Lows
- Plates (BONO'S)
- Neon Blue Dash
- Sony 350W 4 ways, Sony 900W Subs x 2, Sony MP3 Deck xls-3300, Boss 1000W 4 channel Amp
- 17" HP Racing - Design Rims

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

they are good to deal with as i useto work there not so long ago
and the tyres you will be getting will be NEW unless you ask for remoulds

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

Well guys thanks for the responses looks like they will be getting my money within the next month or so. I just didnt wanna rush into things as they were cheap so i was a bit iffy of the quality, and dont want remoulds, as my dad had them and it fell to pieces on him, nearly wrote off that car aswell.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yeah me and the missus have bought a few sets for our cars... always good to deal with, and cash talks a good discount :)

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

They're cheap because of the high volume of packages they sell. It's not uncommon to drive past on a week night and see the bays full at 6pm. The carpark is packed full on Saturdays.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

In my dealings with them, I found I would have benefitted from being a fully hektic arab. I got a set of tyres there once and it seemed a real hassle for them to take the time of day to tell me what they had in their range, and the guy walked off twice to talk to friends/customers/cousins that had just walked in to the workshop.

Then after I finally got them fitted there was a bad vibration in them and after him driving the car he reckoned I needed wheel spacers to fix the problem (despite the fact that the car was driving just fine with those wheels 10 minutes earlier when I drove in)

For new wheel and tyre packages interstate I guess they'd be ok. If you're in the general area though you can get similar deals locally.

ImageImage

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Hyena wrote:
In my dealings with them, I found I would have benefitted from being a fully hektic arab. I got a set of tyres there once and it seemed a real hassle for them to take the time of day to tell me what they had in their range, and the guy walked off twice to talk to friends/customers/cousins that had just walked in to the workshop.

Then after I finally got them fitted there was a bad vibration in them and after him driving the car he reckoned I needed wheel spacers to fix the problem (despite the fact that the car was driving just fine with those wheels 10 minutes earlier when I drove in)

For new wheel and tyre packages interstate I guess they'd be ok. If you're in the general area though you can get similar deals locally.

" AW My GAWD dats unbelievable. I fink thats s**t mate. Habib and my Cousins always get last pick at dah "Sic" est wheels after the "skips" Not fair I tell ya's

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]