Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Help....Boot Release doesnt let go
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BA XT

VIC, Australia

Hey all, i hope im posting the right topic,

I went to do some work on the car today and the boot release wont let go. i dont get the usual click that the lock has released. I dont know why it wont release, but is there a way to get it to release manually somehow?

I havnt opened it for like a week maybe 2 but i need to get in there before boxing day, ive gotta go cross state and need to put all our gear in the boot

Can someone help?

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

Mine does that sometimes with the remote..then i use the key and it opens up ok..

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

tried the remote and the key both dont work, tired pushing on the lid while using the key or remote and nothing,and i cant climb into the boot as there is the stupid gas tank behind the back seat.

surley theres gotta be someway to jimmy it open. I thought maybe the lining rubbers had stuck to the boot as its been hot down here, but its not releasing with alot of force so that cant be it

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Oh f**k mate gas tank, sorry to say but you could be in a bit of trouble, I thought it was a a b**ch unhooking my subs and sliding them through,as there really built to fit and no less.

anyway when I had a similar problem which I think due to the boot maybe being a bit off, caused it to be off line and wouldn't release i had to climb in and actually release the latch off with a screwdriver.

I hate to say it but you could be looking at drilling out your boot latch, or worse bootlid, what colour car is it, hehe.

Short of somehow getting the speakers out and then somehow unbolting the bootlid, through the speaker holes, I can picture the job in my head, not sure if it'd work in reality. :lol:

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

try putting some pressure on the middle of the boot and turning the key other then that hmm.

or take the parcel shelf off and unscrew a speaker and manuvere ya hand / arm (and luckly you have the emergancy pull tab on the "roof" of the boot and) pull it and it should release.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Actually he wont as it's an ef, and if it's aything like what happened to mine that wouldn't work anyway.
They only bought that out on au on, you can retro fit it though I'd suggest getting the lpg version as it's extra long to come out past the gas tank. I just fitted it, along with running the lot through the hinge arm.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:32 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

mine jammed the same , same gas tank problem , use another car to line you up , take off the number plate and drill a small 6 or 8 mm hole just left of the latch use a screw driver to manually release the lock at the catch its self

my jam was caused by a towel

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

So my only option is to drill a hole behind the number plate and manually release the boot?

Damn that sux

Is everyone sure there isnt another way??

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Well it looks like i have to drill into the boot...is someone able to provide a pic so i know where i need to drill?

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I was just thinking, It might be an idea to find the boot release wire in the body loom, disconnect it to the dash loom, and force feed 12v to it (2 people, you don't want the coil in the boot overheat!)

Whilst one person is forcing the magnet to act, you should be at the boot turning the key and lifting the whole car up and down from the boot!

With any luck, whatever is jamming it might loosen up and give you a click!

worth a try!

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

its a good idea but there isnt really anyone that can help me out wth it

i might speak to the Auto Department at work and see what they reckon....well when they finally come back from holdays

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

when you do get it open, i reckon you will find a nice little chunk of hardened glue/foam s**t that comes from inside the bootlining. It most likely will be stuck in the boot latch :)

happened to me but fortunately i didn't have a gas tank in the way to get it out

Team EGO

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

When you press the boot release button, can you hear the relay? Try replacing that first before drilling?

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yep can hear the relay and can hear it trying to unlock but its not the same sound as when it does release

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Well then sounds exactly like what mine was doing, trying to unlock etc., except I didn't have a gas tank, I believe mine was due to the boot being out, the latch was slightly off.

All I can say is goodluck.

Hell either try as i said take speakes etc, try unbolt bootlid if possible so you can play with it, if stock maybe just drill them out and replace them.

or try take off fuel tank maybe cut a hole through fuel pump to access.

maybe go down the local pickapart wreckers with a few tools to practice and test a few theories.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next