Fordmods Logo

Help me chose my new 19'' wheels? 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:57 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 196

Joined: 3rd Apr 2005

Ride: Nissan Skyline

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Nasty. Nasty. Nasty. :twisted:

Those wheels are awesome.... ive neva seen NEW SKOOL deep dish rims. Good find mate!

Image

I LOVE THESE DEEP DISH RIMS ^^^

Image

AND I LOVE THIS CAR ^^^

:twisted:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:10 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 422

Joined: 23rd Mar 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Near Perth
WA, Australia

What about ROH Modena's? Kinda like the ones on the R34, but Shadow Chrome instead of chrome. Look awesome, and are nice and light 3pc rims....not cheap tho.

I'd say 'just' go 18"s though, the extra $$$ in the rims and tyres I dont think is worth the extra 1" in wheel size.

If I had/wanted to spend $4500 on rims and tyres i'd be going either FR18 Simmons with a gold centre (or polished for a black car) or Shadow Chrome or Charcoal 18x8 ROH Modena's.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:03 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 320

Joined: 19th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

Location: Sth Syd
NSW, Australia

I can get 19" nangkangs or nexans for $215-$225 cash each brand new.

I've had 18's before so i want 19's this time.
However, if I find some wheels i love and can "only" get in 18's then of course they be going on.

Just way to many to choose from.

What do you guys think of the speed six rims on the ba xr6 in my gallery? They look so good on BA's but I havent seen them on AU's. They're upward of 3 grand but they look sweet.

 

_________________

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Last edited by BLKXR8 on Wed May 25, 2005 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:09 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 320

Joined: 19th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

Location: Sth Syd
NSW, Australia

I really like those HP Monaco (avail at tempe) above, they're a similar design to the speed six's. I might chase up a price for them today.

The Zenetti Fusion (also avail at tempe) are also pretty cool, does the multi spoked design fit the au shape? or just like a 5 spoke work better?

 

_________________

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:29 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 963

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Liberty MY04 4GEN Luxury

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

The Vault Kaotik are sick IMO

 

_________________

www.lukehimself.net

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 320

Joined: 19th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

Location: Sth Syd
NSW, Australia

Ok the main ones I like are loaded in my gallery now.

My favourites are the chrome 5 spokes in the middle in 19's.

Does anyone know the name of the rims on the Black BA XR6?

 

_________________

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 131

Joined: 14th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU XR6 / XB 351 sedan

Location: Now with XB Falcon
NSW, Australia

Quote:
I recken drop down and get a set of AUII 17inch, then get em chromed. Other wise the ones listed in the above replys are awesome??


17's are way too small. I have 5 spoke tickford 17's and while I like 'em, they're way too small.

18's or 19's are the go. I'd love a set of ROH Fury's. They're so common but man they're s**t hot on AU's.

If your budget for rubber allows, go the 19's. I personally would cry having to pay 4 hunch for rubber.

 

_________________

Waiting for tax time and more turbo bits to purchase

Dynosheet 16/04/05

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

BLKXR8 wrote:
The Zenetti Fusion (also avail at tempe) are also pretty cool, does the multi spoked design fit the au shape? or just like a 5 spoke work better?

they look pretty sick on BA so i'd assume they'd look ok on the AU.
Image
The lenso speed 6's are sweet as!
Image
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 320

Joined: 19th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

Location: Sth Syd
NSW, Australia

loxxr6 wrote:
Quote:
I recken drop down and get a set of AUII 17inch, then get em chromed. Other wise the ones listed in the above replys are awesome??


17's are way too small. I have 5 spoke tickford 17's and while I like 'em, they're way too small.

18's or 19's are the go. I'd love a set of ROH Fury's. They're so common but man they're s**t hot on AU's.

If your budget for rubber allows, go the 19's. I personally would cry having to pay 4 hunch for rubber.


I totally agree, with the chubby shape of the AU 17's look so so small.
Had au11 xr8 17's on my eb and they looked good, jst way to small on au.

I dont mind paying more for 19' rubber, it's like everything, you get what you pay for.

 

_________________

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 320

Joined: 19th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

Location: Sth Syd
NSW, Australia

GlennXR6T wrote:
BLKXR8 wrote:
The Zenetti Fusion (also avail at tempe) are also pretty cool, does the multi spoked design fit the au shape? or just like a 5 spoke work better?

they look pretty sick on BA so i'd assume they'd look ok on the AU.
Image
The lenso speed 6's are sweet as!
Image
Image


Ok, it's between the Lenso speed 6's and the chrome 5 spoke HP's (middle pic) in my gallery.
Not a big difference between them, just the finish.

Where do you get the pics from GlennXR6T

 

_________________

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

BLKXR8 wrote:
loxxr6 wrote:
Quote:
I recken drop down and get a set of AUII 17inch, then get em chromed. Other wise the ones listed in the above replys are awesome??


17's are way too small. I have 5 spoke tickford 17's and while I like 'em, they're way too small.

18's or 19's are the go. I'd love a set of ROH Fury's. They're so common but man they're s**t hot on AU's.

If your budget for rubber allows, go the 19's. I personally would cry having to pay 4 hunch for rubber.


I totally agree, with the chubby shape of the AU 17's look so so small.
Had au11 xr8 17's on my eb and they looked good, jst way to small on au.

I dont mind paying more for 19' rubber, it's like everything, you get what you pay for.

yeah i agree, the AUII rims would look like s**t especially with a TS50 spoiler. They would look tiny and they aren't that special to begin with imo. I like the aftermarket wheels, makes the car look a bit more customised :wink:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

BLKXR8 wrote:
Ok, it's between the Lenso speed 6's and the chrome 5 spoke HP's (middle pic) in my gallery.
Not a big difference between them, just the finish.

Where do you get the pics from GlennXR6T

just random ford forums :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 320

Joined: 19th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

Location: Sth Syd
NSW, Australia

lol, Yeh I've been searching all day, If only the boss new how much work was getting done.

Might go somewhere where they have these 2 rims and c what they look like beside the car

 

_________________

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 422

Joined: 23rd Mar 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Near Perth
WA, Australia

I'd say of the rims so far, the 5 spokes that were on the 'line or the Zenetti's on the BA are the picks. Dont like the shape of or the 6 spoke design on the Lenso's. Btw...if your going to get 19" rims, dont get s**t tyres like Nangkangs..get something decent and definitely get something with rim protectors.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:01 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 320

Joined: 19th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

Location: Sth Syd
NSW, Australia

FTR-XR6 wrote:
I'd say of the rims so far, the 5 spokes that were on the 'line or the Zenetti's on the BA are the picks. Dont like the shape of or the 6 spoke design on the Lenso's. Btw...if your going to get 19" rims, dont get s**t tyres like Nangkangs..get something decent and definitely get something with rim protectors.


Whats the issues with Nangkangs? I've had them before in 17's.
Really good price, average wear, good grip in all cond.
I know they're no $600 race car tyre but as hard as I push my car, thats not what I need.

 

_________________

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:37 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names