VIC, Australia

consider narva blue power +80% globes

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Post subject: Re: HID Bi-Xenon Lights H4 FULL KIT High AND Low beam 6000K
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Fetus Pie wrote:
Okay here's a few handy tips because I've put quite a few HIDs in mine and my mates falcons and I've learned a few things.
HIDs are great, they provide ALOT more usable light and if you adjust them a little bit more downwards than you would have your halogens you're not going to blind anyone too badly. Any SUV with factory HIDs causes alot more trouble for oncoming motorists than any car I know of with the lights adjusted properly.
They work great in XR lights, the light gets thrown around a bit too much in standard headlights but is still good.
Last but not least, Hi-Lo kits ARE f**k s**t DONT GET THEM.

They are an inherently s**t design and just don't get them, you'll thank me later. If you're too stubborn I'd be happy to swap my hi lo setup for a regular setup lol. You simply cannot just flick your lights during the day to warn other people or whatever, HIDs are useless for quick startups so all anyone is going to see is a slight blue tinge coming from your headlight and you're going to decrease the lifespan of your bulbs by igniting them quickly and repeatedly.

Also see that large metal cap covering half the globe, that is the thing that shifts oh so slightly forward to produce the 'hi beam' effect. All it does is barely change the angle of your light spread upwards and outwards. Also you have a large metal cap covering over 50 percent of the bulbs surface. What do you think that is going to do to your light output at all other times? Even when you flick the high beams its still in the way and wont be as bright as a single non Hi-Lo H4 bulb. I have my lights adjusted about as high as they'll possibly go and I still cant see very far into the distance at all with the high beams on, not nearly as far as I used to be able to with standard halogens in old yellowing headlights.

Due to the design of the bulb and the fact that the falcon headlight isnt designed for HIDs what basically happens is directly in front of you on the ground is really bright and well lit and the rest of the light gets barely thrown around everywhere else in a way that makes signs shine and reflect but with little to no visible actual light on them. This makes driving in the country or on the hume at night TERRIFYING because you cant see s**t. And because the light directly in front of your car is so bright, your eyes adjust to the brightness making everything else seem darker if you follow what I mean. Think about going outside in the full sun and then going indoors. Next time my mate is over I'll get a side by side comparison photo showing how much better his single one is to my Hi-Lo.

Go the HIDs for your standards and get some nice crystal white globes for your hi beams, it'll still look different but it'll blend much better than standard halogens and HIDs together.

Sorry, don't agree with anything you said here.

Completely contrary to my experience with Hi/Lo HIDs.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2