Fordmods Logo

how much am I looking at for a respray? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: how much am I looking at for a respray?
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

How much approx will I be looking at to get my EB resprayed? It is currently cardinal red but I dont like that color but how much would it cost to get it redone in the same color and a different color?

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Colour changes cost more. Depends how good quality job your after and what sort of paint your wanting to change to (if you gunna pay to have it done might aswell do something special - pearl or soemthing). Also depends on current body condition - if they have to repar the body first it'll cost even more.
But to give you a rough idea your looking at a couple of grand probably.
Since it's an EB, you might be better off selling and buying another one that you like better. As you can probably pick up another EB for as much as the paint job!

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR Fairmont

VIC, Australia

to get it done and i mean done properly your looking at around $7,000

thats if you need any body work, if theres any bumps or dents along the body and if anything needs straightening. Thats also including new front windscreeen and spraying door jams & engine bay. EVERYTHING!
With that price your car comes out in showroom condition.

If your looking at changing the colour your looking at bit more on top of that. Coz remember that means everything has to be taken off so that everything can be sanded back.
Coz u have door jams & round the doors, under the bonnet & engine bay, under your lights & windows.

This is all if you want a good job.
As twr7cx said above... all depends on how much your willing 2 spend.

I know a guy who has a really good reputation with insurance companies and other places and im getting my whole car resprayed the same colour but with a soft pearl through the body, the whole front end of mine is getting stripped back to bare metal to get it fixed up properly, also body kit fitted & sprayed, front and back windscreeens replaced, all for $4500.

So if you know somebody they might give you a pretty good deal.
Otherwise your looking somewhere around the prices i got above and they were from places that are fussy with there work and do PERFECT jobs.

its a big decision... coz i just went through and made my decision after 3 months of looking around and now my car is in the workshop getting sprayed

1 thing ill say is... if your gonna sell the car in the next 2-3 years dont bother respraying... if your looking long term do what you like.
No point in working hard to save or pay off a loan when your gonna get rid of the car to get sumthing better? and in the end you wont be even close to getting your money back

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]