Fordmods Logo

how to remove EL bonnet? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: how to remove EL bonnet?
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XT

VIC, Australia

hello, how to remove bonnet from EL fairmont? there are bolts on the hinge and i'm not sure how to remove the struts from the side of the bonnet. Also, anything i should be aware of/careful when removing/replacing because the bonnet seems quite heavy?

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

The struts should have a little steel clip that goes around the end. Poke a small screwdriver between the clip and the strut, and then tug the strut and it should release. Theres no need to fully remove the clip normally. Other than that, have three people to make it easy, though it is possible wih two. Also, place some rags beneath the corner of the bonnet to stop it damaging if it does slide out of your hands. And finally, use a pencil to trace around your hinges current position. Itll make it far easier to get lined up correctly afterwards. And when you go to close it, be very careful in case it isnt sitting straight, because if it touches the guards, you will lose paint

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]