Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:22 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Roadworthy is one thing...
Insurance when you have to make a claim is another.
Alot of insurance companies claim 'sure, we'll cover it..' then whisper under their breath 'as long as it's legal'.
They'll willingly use it as an excuse to get out of paying up!
I have no doubt that you could get an engineer to sign off on them, if you're willing to go through the hassle/expense..
But to quote the Vicroads regs..

"Spacers between the wheel and hub are not permited unless provided by the vehicle manufacturer as original equipment"

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/VSI%208.pdf

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

hey fuzion.... ILLEGAL

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

too many df's on here to bother anymore honestly lol

illegal, heres a theory. dont put them on, bunch of whinging mardi gras homosexuals seriously.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

fuzion wrote:
too many df's on here to bother anymore honestly lol

illegal, heres a theory. dont put them on, bunch of whinging mardi gras homosexuals seriously.

That's it attack our sexuality rather than the issue, because you know you are WRONG, but there's no way in hell you will admit it! LOL! Yep that's right WRONG. You will learn in life Fuzion that sometimes you can be wrong and it's OK. Never mind. :lol: :D

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

don't listen to fuzion, he's a d***head.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

poor fuzion

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

Answers to "Wheel spacers for my car?" and "What size tyres can I fit to my car?" http://www.toyo.com.au/TechInfoPDFs/Alt ... ations.pdf

Member Number 8804

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hub adapters are not noted aCurrent Regulations - Queensland Transport "All about modifications to motor
vehicles" - an extract from the Transport Operations (Road Use Management -
Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999.
WHEELS
* The wheel and tyre must not foul any part of the body or suspension under all operating
conditions and must be contained in the bodywork when the wheels are in the straight
ahead position.
* The wheels must be designed for the hub's P.C.D., i.e. no slotting of the stud holes,
or re-drilling of hubs and/or stud holes is permitted.
* The fitment of wheel spacers between the wheel mounting face and the hub is
not permitted unless O.E.
* Steering limit stops must not be adjusted to reduce the turning circle in order to allow
the fitment of alternative wheels and tyres.s illegal in this doc.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Ahhhhh F**k...
Hub adapters are not noted as illegal in this doc.

Current Regulations - Queensland Transport "All about modifications to motor
vehicles" - an extract from the Transport Operations (Road Use Management -
Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999.
WHEELS
* The wheel and tyre must not foul any part of the body or suspension under all operating
conditions and must be contained in the bodywork when the wheels are in the straight
ahead position.
* The wheels must be designed for the hub's P.C.D., i.e. no slotting of the stud holes,
or re-drilling of hubs and/or stud holes is permitted.
* The fitment of wheel spacers between the wheel mounting face and the hub is
not permitted unless O.E.
* Steering limit stops must not be adjusted to reduce the turning circle in order to allow
the fitment of alternative wheels and tyres.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Once again, I repeat a quote...

"FOR f**k SAKE BOLT ON HUB ADAPTERS ARE NOT ILLEGAL"

To those that oppose, the only thing you go by is a silly set of rules that don't even apply to bolt on hub adapters.

"Spacers between the wheel and hub are not permited unless provided by the vehicle manufacturer as original equipment"

A bolt on hub adaptor is not a wheel spacer as such, it is an engineered bolted on part that becomes more part of the rotating mass of the hub than any silly a** spacer can get. If you have driven a car with only wheel shims / spacers you will find that the car tends to wobble and shake all over the place like the wheels will basically fall off... This is not the case with bolt on hub adapters. Once fitted they feel like driving a normal car. Why? Because the bolt on hub adapted becomes part of the rotating mass of the rim. Its as if you are driving a car with the correct Zero offset mag wheels that were for Pre Au fords as opposed to the 35+mm offset that the jap fitment AU-BAs are running. With a complete hub centric rim, correctly measured centreball lip to match the damn rim (AU-BA) and since it is bolted on and provided its torqued correctly, is almost like a welded on part. Now welding on a bolt on hub adapter is a stupid idea since the owner may want to return the car to stock, or at least keep the rims for the next car they may own. Which is why the bolt on hub adapter system is a popular choice as opposed to flimsy wheel spacers, hub adapters without a lip, and the other crap that you lot crap on about.

Before saying "illegal Illegal illeegalll!!!!" blowing your whistle and dancing around then getting shot, please research what you are crapping on about first. I value anyone elses life just as much as mine and don't want to see other people getting hurt for no reason, which is why I thoroughly researched the bolt on hub adaptor theory and got the engineers certificate, RTA, insurance and police approval.

The people with their VL's doing burnouts along the main street will obviously get told their hub adapters are illegal. Engineers certificate or not.

If you still think bolt on hub adapters are related to

"the fitment of wheel spacers or adaptors is not permitted unless fitted as original equipment by the manufacturer..."

you are just another sheep in the paddock.

I'm not having a go at you non believers, I just firmly believe there is a massive difference between the crap that is illegal and the correctly engineered, bolt on hub adaptors. The many people that go about it the wrong way are the ones that complain. You will remember a thread about someone who used standard locknuts on their mag wheels and bolt on hub adaptors..The wheel fell off, but the hub adaptor was not at fault as the adaptor was there completely. This led to complaints that hub adaptors are illegal....And basically started the angry mob that hunts the witches who run these so called bolt on hub adaptors.

There is no point in me explaining the legalities of bolt on hub adaptors anymore.. One thing is for sure, they do not relate to

"the fittment of WHEEL SPACERS or ADAPTORS is not permitted unless supplied as original equipment by the manufacturer."

if you are still scratching your head or banging the computer desk saying WHY THE f**k NOT, then you better take a break, you've got too much on your plate.....Or the brain of a dead horse....

TEAM FAT RACING

TEAM LWB

Copyright (c) 2006 Landbarge Racing. FAIRLANE and COBRA are registered trademarks owned and licenced by Ford Motor Company.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:08 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Oh and for f**k sake,

wheel spacers are not bolt on hub adaptors. wheel spacers are wheel spacers....wheel adaptors are not bolt on hub adaptors, they are not the same s**t different smell...do your research. RTA says its fine, insurance says its fine, engineer that certifies under NSW / ACT says its fine, cops say they're fine, 20 plus fordmods people running bolt on correctly engineered hub adaptors say they are fine, race teams use bolt on hub adaptors that don't fall off, say they are fine, porsche who have run a 30 year bolt on hub adaptor program says they are fine, trucks and cars that use them everyday say they are fine... yet you still choose to fit DL LTD rims to your EA falcon S? F**k sake... Or what about johnny brembo who has awesome 14inch 5 spoke dragways on his f**k EL fairmont ghia all because he doesn't want to take the plunge and realize that bolt on f**k hub adaptors are f**k f**k more legal than f**k legal f**k tender...f**k...

anyways, no point in me getting angry, I know what i've done is fine. I'm happy with how the car looks, and its safe as proven by a certified engineer who has done a two engineering degrees over 10 years, and the bolt on hub adaptors are permitted under state, federal law. now before you whip out that stupid quote from the rta's website or from wherever else it came from and say:

Just stop stressing. I know i'm gonna, like I said, a 331 stroker installation is way more interesting that arguing about friggin legal bolt on correctly engineered hub adaptors that are permitted by even the queen of england....

Have a nice weekend and remember that at the end of the day, were all on here at fordmods to f**k mod our fords and have some fun doin it ourselves (bar certain things that are out of peoples limits) unlike those holden poofs that get autobarn to install neons for them and get charged $500 labour.

TEAM FAT RACING

TEAM LWB

Copyright (c) 2006 Landbarge Racing. FAIRLANE and COBRA are registered trademarks owned and licenced by Ford Motor Company.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

VIC, Australia

still illegal HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

NAH BUT SERIOUS I RUN THEM AND I GIVE MY CAR A f**k KAININ and have not had any trouble i no they are safe cos if they were goin to break they would have, now how much was it to getr the engineers cert for them cos i would like to be payin my insurance for a reason

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

sickd, NSW rta engineers certificate cost me $500 to get the wheel track, lowering, bolt on hub adaptors, and exhaust engineered. he may have to come back once the blower goes on. Mods aren't cheap :(

TEAM FAT RACING

TEAM LWB

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

oh and there are a list of engineers at the rta website. there aren't that many out there though

TEAM FAT RACING

TEAM LWB

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

HAve a look at the very first post from the RTA Technical Advisor.

Wheel adaptors and classed the same as wheel spacer.

Given this, and your information, then wheel adaptors (hub adaptors) are not allowed.

By the way the RTA does not approve hub adapators nor does the RTA and I can tell you that on extremely good authority and without question, unless you have an engineers certificate.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next