Lights! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Lights!
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:27 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XR6 BF

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,

Fordmods newbie, hoping someone could give me a hand?

I have a BF XR6 Falcon and I'm struggling a bit with some headlight modifications...

I've purchased two LED light strips to go in my headlights (if you don't like it I don't want to hear it, asking for advise not your opinion!) BUT the headlight casing seems to be glued on. I have no idea how to take them off without breaking this seal which could in turn damage the casing. :o

So, if anyone's done it before, is there away to get these babies off without f*cking something up?

Oh and i can't work out how to get those foglights off, i need to change a globe. Pretty embarassing, any tricks?

Post subject: Re: Lights!
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Normally you heat the lights, it softens the glue and you can separate them. You can do it in an oven or with a heat gun, just be careful not to melt them!

As for the foglights, I know nothing about BA/BF, but you probably access the globe from behind, through the back of the bumper. Goodluck!

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hmmm, lights are actually glued to the front bumper so the oven thing's a no...heat gun sounds like a good idea, hopefully i've got a mate with one.

Yeh this foglights thing is blowing my mind! Ford don't put much effort into their manuals haha.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2005 BF XR6

NSW, Australia

I had the same problem with the foggies. I found that I had to push the lamp back and slightly up and it just fell out of the harness that it sits in. Having said that it took me ages to figure it out and I managed to push the whole harness of its mounting in the front bar before I got the idea. Hopefully it works for you.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

wow quit a few stupid responses in this thread. im amazed.

the headlights aernt glued to the bumper.. their simply bolted to the car. you need to unbolt the lights and take the wiring out from the back of them.

then put them on a tray in the oven until the glue softens up then pull the glass off the front.

as for the fog lights, take off the splash tray from underneath the front bumper then push the fog from the back of the bar out of the front making sure not to break the clips on the side. then simply take the wiring loom off them and change the bulb.

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:51 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

sweet thanks champ, ill post some pics of the lights when im finished, then you can vent if u want haha

if you're okay with it, i'd like you to move into my glovebox and replace my crappy manual. if u can't, i understand...

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:48 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Ryano_ wrote:
Hey guys,

Fordmods newbie, hoping someone could give me a hand?

I have a BF XR6 Falcon and I'm struggling a bit with some headlight modifications...

I've purchased two LED light strips to go in my headlights (if you don't like it I don't want to hear it, asking for advise not your opinion!) BUT the headlight casing seems to be glued on. I have no idea how to take them off without breaking this seal which could in turn damage the casing. :o

So, if anyone's done it before, is there away to get these babies off without f*cking something up?

As stated already, heat them gently using an oven on low heat. keep an eye on them, don't look away at all, too much and they'll melt and be f**k.

Quote:
Oh and i can't work out how to get those foglights off, i need to change a globe. Pretty embarassing, any tricks?

You get at them from behind the front bar, remove (or loosen) the plastic inner wheel arch guard.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]