Fordmods Logo

My EL 

Page 4 of 25 [ 367 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

Yes the boot liner will be moulded to neaten it all up. The reasoning behind it is the that space isn't used and the tv along with the dvd player and digital tv tuner will mean that me and my mates wont have an excuse to miss something on tv or have to squeeze into the cabin to watch it

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon XR6

NSW, Australia

You need to re-route the cable down the boot hinge so it looks neater.

I like what you've done. Though not keen on the bonnet scoop. But to each their own.

1998 EL Falcon XR6 | Galaxy Blue | 5spd Manual | 18" AJR | 2.5 Exhaust | Dumpt | -----FOR SALE-----

2005 Ford Territory TS | Black | 19" Cross-5 Chrome | Leather | Premium Sound |

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
but if thats the case.. sorry the screen looks VERY out of place.. tell me you are going to redo the inside of the boot lining to attempt to blend it in a bit..

Actually who was it that locked themselved in the boot? this is a good mod after all.. lock yourself in and watch some TV.. Nah sorry, don't know if its me or not, but i am really missing the point of this mod.

Please explain..

Yeah that was me mate, lol. And if there was a screen in the boot when I was there it would be severely wrecked by my feet as I basically beat teh s**t out of the boot when I lost it in there.

When my boot rattles, it does a damn good job of it since that day, hehe.

O memories, lol.

And my opinions are....

Lose scoop and lose ugly el gli front if possible. Whoever the tool was that did the EL gli front bonne, headlights, grill and bumper bar, really deserves a slap on the back of the head. How they could go from something so tight, attractive, agressive, and a more quality feel (EF gli baby) to that is really beyond me.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

My Latest idea for my car is a scale replica of my car. I started with a Tony Longhurst EL Castrol V8 supercar and modified the rear spoiler and added a bonnet scoop. I am going to paint the car in the same paint as the car and I am going to be doing all the little details like the lights and the stickers to make it as close to the real thing as possible. Here is a dodgey pic of the model as it sits atm. Its painted is some blue paint I had laying around to get an idea of what it could look like.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Nice can of spray paint, cause i cant make oput the dodgy modelcar

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I cant get any better pics

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 94 falcon

NSW, Australia

Those lights look sick, how did you do it?

Whats the meaning of life? fixing your bloody Falcon

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
but if thats the case.. sorry the screen looks VERY out of place.. tell me you are going to redo the inside of the boot lining to attempt to blend it in a bit..

Actually who was it that locked themselved in the boot? this is a good mod after all.. lock yourself in and watch some TV.. Nah sorry, don't know if its me or not, but i am really missing the point of this mod.

Please explain..
till lind/rick dechard.. funny considering the possible reason he changed his name... :lol:

Yeah.. needs to be blended in a lil more to make it looks like it belongs more... great mod idea though... :wink:

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

nice ride keep it up

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok today I got one light ready for bog and fibre glass. Also you can now get an idea of the finished product. Oh and some of you may notice that I changed the indictor lenses and added the clear reverse lenses. I am still undecided as to what paint finish I will use. I will be dyeing the reflector red once I am done with all the other work.

Anyways here is a pic:

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just a quick update:

One of my tyres burst and 2 were cracking on the side walls and so far I have had 2 replaced, so atm the car is riding on 19's on the front and 15 inch csa alloys on the rear. I also purchased 2 pioneer 2 channel amps from 1800reverse which will be fitted to the boot as soon as they arrive, but wont be wired up until the upgraded wiring kit arrives. I also purchased 2 white snake decals that will be put on the car either on the front quater panels or around the the pioneer sticker on the door.

Then today I purchased an ef/el fairmont grey leather and velour seats which I have already strrated fitting. When I get ahold of the right bit for the front sit bolts the rest of the seats will be fitted

On a bad note it will be another 2 weeks before the other 2 19's will be back on the car and by then I may have some super low king spring ready to be fitted as well as the ultra lows are starting to become a pain in the a***

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

the bit you are after for the seats is called a T50 security bit.

Post subject: Skirts
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EL XR6

SA, Australia

Are they EL GT side skirts mate?

1996 EL XR8, Dynamic White, 18inch Simmons Wheels, Lowered all round with pedders shocks and springs, Clear tail lights and clear side repeaters

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

spac wrote:
Just a quick update:

One of my tyres burst and 2 were cracking on the side walls and so far I have had 2 replaced

Whats the deal with the tyres, are they cheap eBay jobs? Or is it common for this problem with 19's?

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The seat are now in. yay

They are modified elgt side skirts. as far as I can tell they are a mix of plastic, fibreglass and carbon fibre.

As for the tyres, they were fullrun which are cheap. On my car though I am going to have a problem with the side walls no matter how expensive the tyre is due to the ammount camber I am running to clear the guards.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 25  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next