Fordmods Logo

My yellow headlights are NO MORE! horray 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: My yellow headlights are NO MORE! horray
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 740

Joined: 20th Nov 2004

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Image

following the doco, only took about 20 mins :D
this pic shows the difference.

(crap quality, taken on phone)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Good stuff. I can see that my clean ones are gathering yellow crap at the top of the headlights. : ' (

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 744

Joined: 10th Nov 2005

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Howjadodat?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My yellow headlights are NO MORE! horray
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

Ryan0001 wrote:

following the doco, only took about 20 mins :D
this pic shows the difference.

(crap quality, taken on phone)



im taking a punt and saying her followed the doco on it in 'technical documents'


and to ryan, holy s**t good job

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

good work mate looks heaps better!

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 753

Joined: 6th Dec 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

Location: Bellevue
WA, Australia

if ya go all the way ip to 2000 grit they come out clean az

 

_________________

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 740

Joined: 20th Nov 2004

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

hey sim,

im thinkin about going the 8000K HID headlight setup, would you say its worth it?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:32 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 753

Joined: 6th Dec 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

Location: Bellevue
WA, Australia

Damn straight.. I replyed to you in the HID thread mate: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... 092#312092

 

_________________

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 371

Joined: 28th Jan 2005

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

i did my lights again last night, came up quite good, i gave them a good goin over, started witha 400grit then went to 2000, then polished the s**t outta em

 

_________________

EF XR8 - 5speed, Extractors & Exhaust

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 795

Joined: 14th Jun 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EF f a i r m o n t

Power: 315 rwkw

Location: perth
WA, Australia

man where the f**k r the people in w.a getting there 2000grit wet and dry????

i've gone to like 6 shops looking for it but the best that people have is 1200.

can any one help me out.

 

_________________

1995 EF Fairmont with all the Gear.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 753

Joined: 6th Dec 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

Location: Bellevue
WA, Australia

I had Brite Light come out took him bout 2 hours. Charged me $80 :) now there new as

 

_________________

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:28 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 281

Joined: 3rd May 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Now that you guys all have done all this hard work of cleaning your headlight lenses, or are about to do the hard work, why not do something about saving all your hard work and keeping your headlight lenses clean for a very very long time to come??

Interested??? I thought so.

Here is what you do, either contact a Tint-a-car or a Solace outlet and ask for a product called Ricochet.

It is a clear plastic protective film that has a special sticky tape at the back of it and is about 1mm thick. You attach it on top of your headlight lenses and it acts both as a headlight protector, protecting your lenses from sand, oils, chemicals and all the dirt from the other vehicles and the road. It also cuts the UV rays down.
AND once it is on, you can’t see that it is there.

There is something similar sold by 3M.

DON'T forget to use Plexus plastic spray on a regular basis.

There you go.

 

_________________

Image

Have fun,
mavs19

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6913

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

kizzer wrote:
man where the f**k r the people in w.a getting there 2000grit wet and dry????

i've gone to like 6 shops looking for it but the best that people have is 1200.

can any one help me out.


Supercheap.
Thats where I got mine from. $1 a sheet for any grade.

 

_________________

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 753

Joined: 6th Dec 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

Location: Bellevue
WA, Australia

Go repco I find it an embarisment going to super cheap

 

_________________

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2550

Joined: 28th Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

mavs19 wrote:
Now that you guys all have done all this hard work of cleaning your headlight lenses, or are about to do the hard work, why not do something about saving all your hard work and keeping your headlight lenses clean for a very very long time to come??

Interested??? I thought so.

Here is what you do, either contact a Tint-a-car or a Solace outlet and ask for a product called Ricochet.

It is a clear plastic protective film that has a special sticky tape at the back of it and is about 1mm thick. You attach it on top of your headlight lenses and it acts both as a headlight protector, protecting your lenses from sand, oils, chemicals and all the dirt from the other vehicles and the road. It also cuts the UV rays down.
AND once it is on, you can’t see that it is there.

There is something similar sold by 3M.

DON'T forget to use Plexus plastic spray on a regular basis.

There you go.


had a similar thing on the old's EF. Liteskins i think they were called. can't remember where he got them from though. I WANT SOME!! :twisted:

 

_________________

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:15 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names