Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Painting mirrors and door strips
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2004 ba classic

VIC, Australia

hey guys
i dont have great knowledge on the painting side of thing but what would best way be to paint my black mirrors white and the side strips on my 96 el falcons doors white?

thanks

Post subject: Re: Painting mirrors and door strips
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

grease and wax remover the mirrors and wipe down good with a cloth, depending on what sort of paint you want u could just spray like a plastic primer 1st (if they are the black plastic material) then a couple coats of white, then some top coat clear, just be sure to cover ur mirrors, and any other parts u dont want sprayed, prob get the best result if u took the mirrors off, ive sprayed some car plastics off the car and on the car, and off the car is best i find cuz u can chuck it in the oven for 10 mins or so between coats at about 60 deg C u will get the strongest paint job that way, it bonds the paint better to the plastic, specially with the plastic primer, but dont get the s**t plastic primer from repco, when u spray it, it comes out in blotches no matter how well u shake it, and ive tried with a couple diff cans same brand b4 and same result, get it from super cheap, other wise white and clear are ok from repco, as for your doors im not sure weather u meant the black plastic strips or strait onto the paint of the car, if its the black plastic again, just repeat all this but they might have to stay on the car, not sure how hard they are to remove, or put back on.. if its on to ur paint, get a spray painter to do it, fairly small job and the colour is white, so would imagine it wouldnt be too dear maybe $150 tops $200 maybe, but if some one else can tell u how to to it then do it, im not 100% sure about spraying onto paint..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]