Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: paintwork oops !
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Hey Peety,

Just thought I would offer my advice as someone who has detailing experience and works in the industry. (But never used scratchX)

Start again... & Start Small.
1. Use a heavy duty wash (truck wash is a good idea) a couple of times to get the wax off.
2. Cut the car, do it one panel at a time or even less. Use a light cutting compound with a polish. Apply the cutters with a foam applicator pad nice and even, but you can go a bit harder on heavily scratched/marked areas.
Remember if you have never used a product before, test it on a small out of the way area to get the feel for how it works.
3. Because you mentioned bat s**t, I would recommend putting on Crystal Glaze Paint Protection which will give you some protection, but Bat s**t is very acidic so you just gonna have to get it off with a wet chamios as soon as you see it there.
3.1 Crystal Glaze can be expensive.... So there is probably other products out there which can do the same or better for a lot less.

I might even get a bottle of the Meguiars Techwax myself and give it a shot as it sounds pretty good.

Me personally, I cheat... After a cut and polish by a detailer, Car gets cleaned every 2-3 days, and spray polished about once a month. Apart from a few rippples (still to be fixed) and stone chips in the front my paint still looks ok i think.

Last of all, take a good look around the Forums, there is heaps of stickys relating to detailing your car by people who have done it all before and know their stuff.
Attachment:
EF RHS 18in Clean.jpeg
EF RHS 18in Clean.jpeg [ 78.65 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]

Attachment:
EF RHS 18in Clean Driveway.jpg
EF RHS 18in Clean Driveway.jpg [ 144.55 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2