Red bump strips faded 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Red bump strips faded
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

The rear bump stirp on my EL XR6 was starting to fade so I got some cutting compund onto it and then polished it. It looked ok for about 2 minutes and then as soon as i wiped off the polish it looked crap! Now the top of the strip is a lighter colour than the bottom bit, and it just looks really faded. Can anyone recommend a good product to restore the original colour of them? I'm thinking i might just respray them because They are all starting to fade.

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

get them painted hey, most used ones will be in similar condition so i don't think replacing them would be a viable option. It shouldn't cost too much to have them painted red or bodycolour or whatever. ;)

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Thanks mate, it'd definantly look the best. Now i just gotta decide if wanna re-spray them red or the same colour as the body :S

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

they look better red imo, now i rekon u would actually be able to sand them back with a very high grade sand paper and then polish them they are actually solid red plastic so sanding them shouldnt be a problem

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I didn't know that they were solid red, good to know though so thanks for the info. I think red does look better, esspecially on such a dark car, needs something to break up the colour

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

Kingkezza wrote:
I didn't know that they were solid red, good to know though so thanks for the info. I think red does look better, esspecially on such a dark car, needs something to break up the colour

yeah definately, they are still available to buy brand new from ford to, i got new ones for my doors but they were $50 a peice so expect the rear bumper to cost between $80-100

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Bugger that, if I got a new rear one then it would make the others look faded, so i think some sandpaper and a bit of polish sounds a bit cheaper, and if that fails a can of red spraypaint :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]