Fordmods Logo

Reverse Boot Lid - How To + Pics 

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

Gday guys. This isn't actually my own idea, I *ahem* "borrowed" it from a mate haha. He showed me a pic of what he'd done and I creamed over it, so he came over and showed me what to do.

Unfortunately, he also asked, "Could you not tell everyone how to do it because I want to keep my car unique."

So out of respect for a mate I'm sorry I can't tell much - but I can say that it's as simple as fitting a hinge to the existing boot arms, it's just a matter of finding a way to do it. Perhaps finding some square tubing to fit inside those arms might be handy to attach a hinge to ;)

-- Tympanic Membrane Desecration --

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hellbent_ef wrote:
mr_sperm1 wrote:
ef-xran

Thats what I was on about, I know its not exactly reverse, but it got all of your attention and, well theres a few that knew what I was on about.

But thats what I want to do, and I would like to know how.

The only bad thing is now, everyone now knows about it, and wants to do it, so its not really going to be a unique thing anymore...more like a spoiler...everyones got them (figure of speach, i know EVERYONE doesnt have one)

dude its been around for a while now...its just that noone could be bothered doing it or it was just inconvenient to do that....I had this idea for a while now just i never had the time to do it due to uni...hell i can barely change my oil let alone put a gadget like that together.

Its a good idea to do if u want to show ur system off without having the ugly inside of the boot lid being shown. Ive seen probably 10 cars or so that have done this especially for the autosalon.

it would look good if ur install is good....i just think though...when i go shopping with my mum and i lift my boot up like that....it kinda like draws attention to u and more chances of ur car being broken into next time because u have a sick system...thats just my theory.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

Yeah I see exactly what you're saying phong, which is why mine still opens normally and I can change it whenever I want by undoing a couple of nuts.

That's also the exact reason I did mine. So I can show off the stereo in it at shows without seeing the inside of the bootlid. Granted my boggy state plates aren't really "better" than the liner, but once personalised plates get here it'll be a lot better.

-- Tympanic Membrane Desecration --

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

i know how 2 do it nah nah lol (my inner child coming out).. but I told ef-xran I wouldnt say anything

sorry guys

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
i know how 2 do it nah nah lol (my inner child coming out).. but I told ef-xran I wouldnt say anything

sorry guys

That’s the sprit of the forums.

I turbo'ed my EF 3 years ago, long before most people even thought about it, even though it would be nice to be "unique" I haven't hesitated in helping anyone with details and ideas on how to get their car to the same stage as mine.
If that was everyone’s attitude then there would be no tech documents on how to change clusters, LED conversions and so on...

[/End rant]

Good luck with it all..

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

tjb45 wrote:
eb_guy888 wrote:

sorry guys

That’s the sprit of the forums.

I turbo'ed my EF 3 years ago, long before most people even thought about it, even though it would be nice to be "unique" I haven't hesitated in helping anyone with details and ideas on how to get their car to the same stage as mine.
If that was everyone’s attitude then there would be no tech documents on how to change clusters, LED conversions and so on...

[/End rant]

Good luck with it all..

Thats it a unique wont last long unless you plan to lock the car up n never show it....you can get a good idea on what to do just from ya sig pic....as soon as u show it at a show everyone will be able to see how to do it anyway so no point in holding out :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU Fairmont

WA, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Thats it a unique wont last long unless you plan to lock the car up n never show it....you can get a good idea on what to do just from ya sig pic....as soon as u show it at a show everyone will be able to see how to do it anyway so no point in holding out :P

you just want to know how to do it dont you kev? ;)

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Pfft, how am I meant to stuff a load of palm tree and other branches, grass clippings, and other misc. crap into my boot for dump runs with a boot like that? lol.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Bora

TAS, Australia

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

BJM wrote:

Lol, latest fashion my bum. I don't mind mods that look good, but don't improve the car in either performance or convenience, but this mod doesn't even look good, imo.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Bora

TAS, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
Lol, latest fashion my bum. I don't mind mods that look good, but don't improve the car in either performance or convenience, but this mod doesn't even look good, imo.

Don't shoot the messenger, you won't catch me doing this mod either...

Someone must like it though...

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

BJM wrote:
Till_Lind wrote:

Don't shoot the messenger, you won't catch me doing this mod either...

Someone must like it though...

Lol, my sidearm is in my holster, don't worry.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
Pfft, how am I meant to stuff a load of palm tree and other branches, grass clippings, and other misc. crap into my boot for dump runs with a boot like that? lol.

aww dude i ya mont i hope not lol

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

you just want to know how to do it dont you kev? ;)

nah dude not my kettle of fish....i dont like it too much at all....ive go tomething happening with mine so dont u worry :P

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Till_Lind wrote:

aww dude i ya mont i hope not lol

Lol, my Dad has a spotless 03 or something Magna, he really takes care of it. Plus his back seat doesn't fold down like mine, and the Barina is good for nothing, lol. So dump duty falls to the reliable and roomy workhorse. We use a tarp. in the boot alteast.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next