Fordmods Logo

Rust repair on XY and Painter/Panel Beater on Gold Coast 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Rust repair on XY and Painter/Panel Beater on Gold Coast
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU2 Fairmont Ghia, XYGT Replica

QLD, Australia

Hullo Mate, I have read this whole thread, very informative thankyou. I have a couple of questions that as far as i can see have not been answered.
I have an XY Falcon that i am turning into a GT Replica ( long term project) i am actually doing two, one to sell and hopefully help cover some of the cost of the other one that i will be keeping. One is a standard falcon 500 and the other a Fairmont.
1.. What would be a fair price to have a door bottom or rear guard sill replaced because of rust, with a replacement rust repair panel? Just the bottom 4 inches or so.
2.. From what i have read in the various forums it seems that the quality of rust repair panels can vary considerably from different manufacturers, could you reccomend one or the other?
3.. Is Soda blasting the best way to prepare the car for a full respray including under bonnet and boot and inside doors etc? Can you give me any advice here about time between blasting and undercoating? should it be done immediatly or does the Soda leave some sort of coat behind to protect the steel?
4.. Would i get a full respray done for $10,000 including under bonnet etc if the body was up to scratch?
5.. Could you or anybody possibly suggest a competent panel beater and spray painter on the Gold Coast or South Brisbane. Preferably Labrador/ Southport area. I have a car trailer so can travel if necessary
Thankyou for your time mate and also for the effort put into this forum, it is very much appreciated.
Ed

Post subject: Re: Rust repair on XY and Painter/Panel Beater on Gold Coast
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

looks like you hit the "new topic" link instead of the "reply" link :wink:

regardless, maybe someone can still answer your questions here, and welcome to the forums !!

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Damn, Thankyou mate. I'll see if i get some interest and if not will re post in the thread that i meant to
Cheers
Ed

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

My suggestion for a great job, is to see Rob Haiken at Logan Village Smash Repairs. He does V8 supercar work, and also does old style hammer and dolly work. Great work gets done you will not be disappointed

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thankyou Mate i will go and have a chat to them.
Cheers
Ed

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]