Fordmods Logo

Silver Mesh --->>> in Stock Front Bumper Air Dam on 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Silver Mesh --->>> in Stock Front Bumper Air Dam on
Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Nissan Skyline

SA, Australia

I bought a nice looking large piece of silver aluminium mesh from supercheap auto for $15.

And i was woundering how to go about puttin it in the air dam on the stock ef front bumper?

How easy or hard would a job like this be, and can anyone please tell me how i would go about taking off the front bumper.

Also... I have only EVER seen 1 other EF Falcon with this mod done before (driving around, and lookin @ photos on net)

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Cheers dude. Where are u located in Adelaide and how old ru... Im 18 and in Fullarton.

Ive noticed that my rear spoiler must have been off a Tickford Model, as all non tickford model EF (SI and SII) that i have seen, have the centre piece (spoke) under the middle of the spoiler ---> the tickfords dont, and look better IMO :)

As quoted from my website: "I have now fitted an AUII XR8 Air Intake Snorkel... Officially known as a "Tube Air Cleaner Intake" from FORD. The Part Number is "TAUTVE 9A624 A" if anyone is interested in purchasing one (They can be bought through any Ford Dealer... ie: Jarvis Ford), and should cost between $28 to $38 inc GST."

Buy urz from Jarvis Ford... it took them 1 hour to order it in (they have about 6 stores in adelaide) and cost me $33 (normally $38) but i got a discount due to them ordering it into the wrong store location.

I will only be puttin the mesh in the front air dam, and not the 2 brake ducts, as that would be a b**ch job.... and it wuld prolly look waaaaay toooo tartish! The ef falco i saw with the mesh ONLY in the air damn looked awesome :twisted:

I recommend you get a Lukey 2.5" Catback System... this should cost you between $300 - $400. I got mine from MotorLab (Fullarton) for $375 FITTED. Great sound, increased performance, response and better fuel economy.

Tint your windows thru Tint-A-Window (i think thats they're name) ---> they are a reputable company.

And for lowering... I would either recommend gettin King Springs, or going to PEDDERS and getting their springs :D

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:46 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

i know a few people who have done it - both the easy & hard ways :P

easy way - azza. cut the mesh, and pushed it in from the front, using some cable ties to secure it to the existing mesh. can only really tell its a dodgy job when you really look at it.

hard way - scotty. but he was a mechanic, so had the time, skills & tools to do it right! he ripped his bumper off, and fitted the mesh into the brakeduct vents, as well as the front airdam.

both looked preeeety good! 8-)

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR6T

SA, Australia

I have a Navy EF with White mesh in the front air dam and brake duct vent thinggys.

Ill put a pic of it up in my gallery... if ne one wants to have a gander.

"This is FORD country.... Where on a quiet day you can hear the HOLDENS rusting...."

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

i sprayed some black, cut it to the rough shape, jammed it in there, then sat there straightening it a bit, and left it. dodge.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR6T

SA, Australia

Hi Guys,
I have uploaded a pic of the white mesh I put into the front of my car. (in my gallery)
Its a little bit far away, but you get the idea...

To install this mesh, the front bar was removed, and it was stuck in place from behind. Looks neat and professional in the flesh.

Cheers,
Adam

"This is FORD country.... Where on a quiet day you can hear the HOLDENS rusting...."

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

I was thinking of this idea about 2 months ago, but because i never saw another EF/EL with it, i presumed no one liked it. After seeing you're car XR~ADZ, im seriously thinking about this mod. But maybe a grey/silver. Not too sure yet.
Thx for the pic none the less. :)

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

my XR already has mesh! 8-) well its more like gutter guard but ya live with it.. the mesh look good when its done right, as long as its not chrome mesh ..yuk.

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

XR~ADZ wrote:
I have a Navy EF with White mesh in the front air dam and brake duct vent thinggys.

Ill put a pic of it up in my gallery... if ne one wants to have a gander.

I like the contrast of your mesh to the Navy blue. If I had of wanted to do it I think I would have gone with the silver mesh though to match the headlights a little more. Incidently, your headlights with the circular shapes in them look nice.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Hey Adam,

Your front bumper looks awesome!!! 10\10 for that job :twisted:

I was a bit iffy about whether to put the mesh in the brake ducts aswell.... but NOW after seeing your car ---->>> IM DEFINATELY GONNA DO THAT! :D

Cheers for the pix. IF any one is interestd, check out my gallery for my falco pix.... uploading them now.

George

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]