Fordmods Logo

Skyline? 

Page 6 of 6 [ 76 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post subject: Re: Skyline?
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

00.02c worth - in my humble opinion, Skylines are not all that fast - blown plenty away at the lights - not saying they are slow but unless they are a well hotted up car then they simply are not that quick. Second off, they look a bit plain and slab sided. Third, they are way too complicated for a P plater or someone who wants to do their own work.

again, my opinion only, if you want economy go for a LPG car. V8's on gas get good mileage provided you don't cane them too hard - why not look at what is cheap at the moment (i.e. maximum depreciation point) and go from there - EL's, EA-B's etc are very cheap, XD-F's are still doable as a cheapie but juuust starting to creep up pricewise. At your age I personally reckon just go for a bit of a sacrificial thrash car cheapie - you can learn on it, by which I mean you can thrash it, do the odd burnout, do your own mods/repairs, have the odd scrape etc etc knowing that if it DOES go pear shaped you've not really lost out too much - as a youngun I did this (as doubtless many others did) - went through a few throwaway cars learning from my mistakes. Once you're confident / skilled / old enough, maybe look at the more expensive stuff then...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 6  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6