Fordmods Logo

Something you might like to check out!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Something you might like to check out!!
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I've just scanned a couple of pages from the latest street ford's magazine..as i thought some people might wana chek it out!

i'll transcribe it as its abit hard to read.
The Forgotten Hero. EA FALCON.

THE BRUISER.
While its hardly a stealth machine, you will fool alot of people with an EA on the street and at the track. Who expects blinding performance from an EA Falcon?
For those in the know youll be making a solid statemnt of individuality and in the world full of sheep its good to the the wolf.
With the buy in price so far down the scale, you wont have to sacrifice a limb just to get started: however, if you look hard and be prepared to wear a slightly higher upfront cost you might end up spending less down the track.
Any doubts that the EA Falcon could be a great looking streetcar go out the window as soon as you see Ryan's realisation of perforrmance perfection. After running your eyes over these images, you;ll be looking at EA FAlcons with a whole new perspective.

MODS:

ENGINE- The intercooler gives the game away from the start, but knowing that youve got a tubro six pack under the hood isnt going to make things easier for your opponent. Recent developments with turbocharging Fords 4.0L six banger have seen EA Falcons running in the very low 10sec bracket.
Yeh we know, the EA comes with either a wimpy 3.2L or the big block 3.9L but we recommend dropping in the juicy 4.0L for the best starting point you can make. in most states you wont even requier an engeneer's cert. The stock bottom end is strong, and with the factory BA XR6 turbo hanging off the side it;ll be an unbeatable performance screamer. If you cant get 350rwhp+ out of a set up like that you arent even trying; and that kind of horsepower will see you into the 11's with the right chassis set up.

STYLING
You've already drawn attention to yourself by building an EA Falcon so why not go the whole hog by choosing a funky colour to spice things up? The colour ryan has chosen makes a good start - you know at a glance that this EA didnt leave the factory in that hue and the colour coded bumpers and mirrors look a treat. Inside, you can mix things up and match across the EA/EB/ED range to get the right interior comobo that suits your taste. But this will be an extreme velocity vechile so dont forget the role cage. While the cowl induction hood serves no purpose other than styling, it does bulk up the bonnet line and adds a little muscle to the shape. no unsightly badges, strips or try hard body kits here. it looks right - right stance, right colour..right out of this world.

WHEELS:
Centerline's Convo Pro wheel is a modern classic and it works beautifully with the shape of the EA. No need to go overbord with the rubber on the rear - we need meaty rubber but we dont want hassle's either. mini-tub the rear out to the chassis rails and make minor suspension adjustments as necessary; 9" is enough of rubber but 10" is better. Less weight and rolling resistaNce will shave time off your ET;s but this is a streetcar so theere is no reason to get too carried away. keep the width on the front reasonable so you dont attract too much attention from the wallopers.

THE CRUISER

Bet you've never seen a pimped EA before. We were blown away when we seen thehis little beauty! heres a car that'll turn heads wherever you go. Its not ment to brake records over the quarter, he sole aim for this beast is inner city cruising so speed is not so important. The combonation of air bag suspension, well chosen wheels, and VIP styling should get you all the attention you crave, without moving too far outside the legal boundries. Attention of thw wrong kind is a bad thing, but if you keep to the engine mods simple and legal than you should be able to wave at the cops as you roll on by without fear of persecution. Night crusing is what this sleek ride is about- with your best mates and ur fav tunes for company.

ENGINE:
As the EA only came with a choice of two 6cyl engines, your limited in powerplants. But outright performance isnt the main point here, so you could easily stick with a warmed over 3.9L or 4.0L six. A neat idea for a little extra individuality wuld be to throw a set of triple webber type throttlebodies on the side of a 4.0L six. While no one we know makes the appropriate manifold, it wouldnt be hard to have one made up, and the ooh;s and ahh;s when you lifted the bonnet would make the job worthwhile. A warmed over six can easily punch out 200hp plus at the wheels and that'll see you clear of the V6 commonwhore swarms clogging the streets.

STYLING:
The silver over black looks awesome doesnt it? We certainly wouldnt have beleived that an EA could look this good if we hadnt seen it with out own eyes! Note the lack of bodykit, too. About all that has been added is the slight lip spoiler on the boot lid and the XR8 sprint Quad headlights and dark tinted indicators are a nice addition. Reflective tint for the windows, colour coded bumpers, black mirrors, and debaded exterior are all part of the package. Lowered yet legel is the way to go for the suspension and the best way is with airbags. That way you'l be able to cruise through the car park without hurting your bumpers or suspension but when its parked or cruising slowly you'l be able to drop it into the weeds.

WHEELS:
With the airbag sus, youll have alot more freedom in choosing wheels and tyres. While 20inch rollers would be nice, the front guards will cop a pounding unless you keep a close eye on the turns. Better go for the classy 18's up the front and 20's behind. That the EA uses a live axle works in our favour because you wont have to worry about the insides of the rear tyres scrubbing on the inner guards on full compersion. Combining 18's and 20's adds some visual rake to the car without actually lifting the bum in the air. keep the rubber as wide as you can fit for the best look but dont go overboard on the front. Wheel choice is up to you but stay away from crazy billet designs - something simple yet classy will work better than a one off custom billet in this case.

There you go. all transcribed. hope you like the article

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

Love the cruiser...looks tuff but the bruiser is a bit much for me..... 8-)

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

yeh i love them both...if someone said choose between them..(i couldnt turn down the bruiser) lol

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:18 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

the cruiser with the bruiser drivetrain would be good.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

For a box car, the cruiser is a bit of not bad!

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I hope this doesn't violate any copyrite laws and gets the forums in grief.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

rushed wrote:
the cruiser with the bruiser drivetrain would be good.
exactly tame the bruiser down just a lil and combine it with the cruiser body.. would be awesome!! 8-)

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ea falcon

VIC, Australia

Dont all four wheel rims have to be same diameter (ie not 18s front and 20s rear) to be street legal?

EB XR6 project almost complete!

Soon on road with pics!

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

RuchEa wrote:
Dont all four wheel rims have to be same diameter (ie not 18s front and 20s rear) to be street legal?

One of my car's got stolen once, it had the spare wheel on it which was 14" & the rest we're 15", when I reported it the cop gave me a big lecture about how different size Rims are dangerous, so I don't think you'd be able to have 18" front & 20" rears..

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

cheersdude wrote:
RuchEa wrote:

One of my car's got stolen once, it had the spare wheel on it which was 14" & the rest we're 15", when I reported it the cop gave me a big lecture about how different size Rims are dangerous, so I don't think you'd be able to have 18" front & 20" rears..

lol... how is that dangerous? as long as the rolling diameter of the entire wheel is the same...

but to the article... yeah doesnt look bad, but i reckon an EF would look better as the cruiser... hell the bruiser too!! lol

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

The cruiser looks sweet. . . . humm thats given me some Ideas :D

would anyone know what type of wheels are on the cruiser?

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

4LEDboy wrote:
The cruiser looks sweet. . . . humm thats given me some Ideas :D

would anyone know what type of wheels are on the cruiser?
they look like some form of billet rim design by "Boyd coddington" -not cheap either.. :!:

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

the rims on the cruiser look like Bonspeed Clutches (like on Rmyers car)

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:18 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA falcon

VIC, Australia

Yah they definately look like they are based on the bonspeeds, here's a pic of mine....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]