Fordmods Logo

Started detailing today 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Started detailing today
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

And what a prick of a job it's been so far :| I saw a few posts on people using clay and polishing their cars so as i had plenty of spare time today i thought i'd give it a go. Went off and bought some clay, washed my car and then started to clay it. I couldnt believe the difference it made. Wiping the clayed section with the micro fibre cloth was nice and smooth but once it hit a part that hadn't been done it felt like it was dragging along sandpaper.

So after a lil while i noticed there was a s**t of tar and lil black spots all over it so off i went to get some tar & bug remover. That was the s**t part of the day, bloody stubborn dirt didn't wanna come off and the smell from the remover left me a lil light headed lol.

Anyways this is just the 1st part of it, next is the wax it and then put some polish on so hopefully this weekend it'll be all nice and shiny :) Here's just a few pics so far...

Also notice an absolute f**k of stone chips, and also more new scratchs and dents! Is there anyway to make the chips and scratchs a lil less noticeable? Some chips are to the metal and are rusting a lil, think the previous owner must of lived on a dirt road or something

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Futura

VIC, Australia

looks good

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]