Fordmods Logo

Swapping bumpers and such - EF 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Swapping bumpers and such - EF
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:19 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 233

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF GLi Manual, '91 EB Wagon

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

Hi everybody!

Just a quick scenario - I have an EF Fairmont, and considering putting an EF XR6/8 front on it, and an EF GLi that I may put the Fairmont front (or even the XR one) on.

Is it just the bonnet / bumper / headlights that need swapping, or guards and indicators also?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Swapping bumpers and such - EF
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:11 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 59

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Fairmont Bumper is: Headlights, Bumper and Bonnet.

R Front is: Headlights, Bumper, Bonnet (GLi/Futura bonnet will fit XR), and Indicators
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Swapping bumpers and such - EF
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:12 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 59

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Hi everybody!

Just a quick scenario - I have an EF Fairmont, and considering putting an EF XR6/8 front on it, and an EF GLi that I may put the Fairmont front (or even the XR one) on.

Is it just the bonnet / bumper / headlights that need swapping, or guards and indicators also?


Guards are the same from GLi to Fairmont and even Fairlane/LTD.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Swapping bumpers and such - EF
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:25 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 233

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF GLi Manual, '91 EB Wagon

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

Thanks mate - you always seem to have the answers, a very wise man indeed!

Still deciding which one will look best on the GLi - it looks a little tame from the front at the moment if that makes sense, I want it to look more menacing - never really been a fan of the EF / EL XR fronts, but looking at them all lined up now it's sorta growing on me, tossing up between that and the Fairmont one.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Swapping bumpers and such - EF
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2572

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Thanks mate - you always seem to have the answers, a very wise man indeed!


now ya done ..... ! .. he's heads gettin bigger :lol: :wink:



5h4dy wrote:
Still deciding which one will look best on the GLi - it looks a little tame from the front at the moment if that makes sense, I want it to look more menacing - never really been a fan of the EF / EL XR fronts, but looking at them all lined up now it's sorta growing on me, tossing up between that and the Fairmont one.



personally i prefer the XR fronts to the plain ugly EF/EL fronts :mrgreen:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Swapping bumpers and such - EF
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:52 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 233

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF GLi Manual, '91 EB Wagon

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

Well he's earned it - the amount of times he's helped me on here :mrgreen:

Yes - I prefer the XR one over the standard GLi one, but I think maybe the Fairmont one is even better again
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Swapping bumpers and such - EF
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:03 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 59

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
personally i prefer the XR fronts to the plain ugly EF/EL fronts :mrgreen:


EF GLi/Futura is 10 times better than the EL GLi/Futura.

EL XR is better looking than the EF XR Bar.

Prefer the EF Fairmont grill over the EL Fairmont Grill. (Fairlane, NF/NL grills are just plain ugly as are the DF/DL LTD Grills
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:44 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names