Fordmods Logo

What do you all think about slightly darkening taillights? 

 

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
 Post subject: What do you all think about slightly darkening taillights?
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Yeah I was wanting to get some feedback on this topic off blackening tailights. I was thinking of just blackening mine with a couple of coats of that "Nightshades " stuff from Supercheap. Firstly I will say that I know it is illegal is some states. But I am not wanting to make it "Fully sic Moite" Darkened just slightly tinted. And lastly how easy is it to apply? Like do you got to be careful that you dont overspray and reck the lights alltogether

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 670

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: KH Verada Xi

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i think it'd look tops on your car :)

 

_________________

Image
I'm built for luxury, Not speed!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

i dunno mate
i have only ever seen it on dunny doors...
and well i dont like it a whole lot...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2450

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Do it. Don't compare to dunnydore's, they're s**t anyway.

 

_________________

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:49 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 2121

Joined: 14th Dec 2004

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

Location: Traralgon
VIC, Australia

Yes mine are done and it comes up well

HEAD THIS ADVICE

I have a number of mates who did it and when spraying they got it to the colour they liked the look of.............. Then it dried and it dries darker.

DIRECTIONS:

Apply a couple of light coats and allow to dry for 4-6hrs. Then have alook if your happy with how dark it is. If not then go again with another light coat.

 

_________________


Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 5563

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Did yours dry with a kinda matte finish??

Our lights have 2 light coats and it has a horrible matte finish which I dont like at all.

Here's ours:

Image

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 10126

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

personally i think anything that makes brake lights duller and harder for the guy behind you to see should be illegal!

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3772

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

hmm i dont rate it that much personally, looks a little bogan, then again i like things kinda original just me i guess
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:18 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 2121

Joined: 14th Dec 2004

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

Location: Traralgon
VIC, Australia

Amber wrote:
Did yours dry with a kinda matte finish??

Our lights have 2 light coats and it has a horrible matte finish which I dont like at all.

Here's ours:

Image


No mine is still glossy, but it is a thin coat, i'm happy with it, i didn't want to darken them so much as just take a little shine off them.

here is a pic of how it turned out.

Image

 

_________________


Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: What do you all think about slightly darkening taillight
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Yeah I was wanting to get some feedback on this topic off blackening tailights. I was thinking of just blackening mine with a couple of coats of that "Nightshades " stuff from Supercheap. Firstly I will say that I know it is illegal is some states. But I am not wanting to make it "Fully sic Moite" Darkened just slightly tinted. And lastly how easy is it to apply? Like do you got to be careful that you dont overspray and reck the lights alltogether

hmmmm....how about a queensland tint your tailights day :P
i saw the one on kates (sli gli me thinks) and i think it looks awsome!

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:04 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 2121

Joined: 14th Dec 2004

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

Location: Traralgon
VIC, Australia

Rapier wrote:
hmm i dont rate it that much personally, looks a little bogan, then again i like things kinda original just me i guess


That is a classic post....... "I like things kinda original "
Posted on Ford Modifications Website

Yeah i actually find i prefer Holdens, Fords dont do much for me............

 

_________________


Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 3885

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

Location: Victor Harbor
SA, Australia

pyroay wrote:
Rapier wrote:
hmm i dont rate it that much personally, looks a little bogan, then again i like things kinda original just me i guess


That is a classic post....... "I like things kinda original "
Posted on Ford Modifications Website

Yeah i actually find i prefer Holdens, Fords dont do much for me............


:lol: Haha good one, personally i think both ambers and pyroay's tinted lights look cool. :P

 

_________________

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 2537

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
pyroay wrote:
Rapier wrote:
hmm i dont rate it that much personally, looks a little bogan, then again i like things kinda original just me i guess


That is a classic post....... "I like things kinda original "
Posted on Ford Modifications Website

Yeah i actually find i prefer Holdens, Fords dont do much for me............


:lol: Haha good one, personally i think both ambers and pyroay's tinted lights look cool. :P


I can't see anything wrong with the way it looks either..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

looks ok.. i wonder if you could get the properly tinted at a tint place... might look a bit better. I can't imagine them looking too good if they turned out like a matt finish like ambers did. They look alright to me in the picture though :wink:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 658

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I reckon very light/slight tinting looks good. If you go too much, it just ruins it.

This isn't a bad job:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/ ... ar0302.jpg

Because the car is a dark grey, it's come off nice. It also depends on your car's paint, some colours just won't look good with darker tail lights. imo.

Pyroay's is perfect, nice but still subtle.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:03 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names