Widest Simmons Possible For A NF Fairlane 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Widest Simmons Possible For A NF Fairlane
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

Hey everyone looking at getting new simmons from tempe tyres for the NF
im looking at FR18's 18X8 & 18X9.5 but im wondering if it will fit under the rear im also wondering about the legality of these

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: Widest Simmons Possible For A NF Fairlane
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

nvm found the rule my self on the RTA website

due to my car being built after 1973 and weighs over 1201KG the maximum added rim width is 2" so 9" is legal due to the the option of 16X7 on the NF and 8" at the front is the max widest

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: el boori falcoon

QLD, Australia

18x10 will fit on there,massage the guards a bit

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

do you think anyone will notice the 9.5" as its .5" wider than legally allowed

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

elboori wrote:

With the right offset, a bit of stretch and some rolled guards, an 11.5 can be stuffed under an EA-D and NA-NC

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

67RCE wrote:
elboori wrote:

With the right offset, a bit of stretch and some rolled guards, an 11.5 can be stuffed under an EA-D and NA-NC

lmao i wanna be legal mate so if ever i have a accident everything on my car is nice and legal just to make it harder for the insurance company's to get out of it liken they will try to do

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

You are going to need an engineers certificate for the supercharger etc, so go and see an engineer about wheel width, the engineer might see a way around the 9" max, especially as your NF is basically the same driveline as NL FBT except for larger front brakes and they have 7.5" wide rims. I would use the EL GT as the baseline with him/her for the 8.5 width.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ill be getting the rims and the supercharger at totally different times in different years so id raher be just legal as 10" wide is just insane i cant see my self going past 9.5" but i wonder if it would be very easily noticeable or if you would have to take the tyre off to tell like the 8.5" simmons i have otherwise u cant really tell they are a .5" wider as the tread width is the same etc

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]