WRX bonnet scoop on an EL wagon 

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: WRX bonnet scoop on an EL wagon
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
See... to all that said "gay", head_ache's look great. Thats what I had in mind, its a pity you copied my idea head_ache, but Ill let you off this time. Where did you buy the seal filter kit from or did you fabricate it from something?

but his scoop looks good, subaru scoops are s**t on fords :shock:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

head_ache wrote:
The rubber seal is the boot seal off a 2003 Kia Sportage. Originally the setup was a shaker style but couldn't make it legal due to the over all size. When I start on version 2.0 I am meant to be making a couple for others as well. Also hoping to have hidden mounts for it but would require someone to weld them onto your rocker cover.

Well if you get a couple made up let me know what you want for one, my wagon is registered in Wa and they dont require a pink slip so maybe bolting a pod directly onto mine for the time being would be an idea. By going direct to the throttle body dont you bypass one of the sensors I can think of the name of that sits half way down the induction pipe? Air flow sensor?

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
head_ache wrote:
The rubber seal is the boot seal off a 2003 Kia Sportage. Originally the setup was a shaker style but couldn't make it legal due to the over all size. When I start on version 2.0 I am meant to be making a couple for others as well. Also hoping to have hidden mounts for it but would require someone to weld them onto your rocker cover.

Well if you get a couple made up let me know what you want for one, my wagon is registered in Wa and they dont require a pink slip so maybe bolting a pod directly onto mine for the time being would be an idea. By going direct to the throttle body dont you bypass one of the sensors I can think of the name of that sits half way down the induction pipe? Air flow sensor?

not on the 6 cyl only the v8

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

NSW, Australia

As far as I have been able work out my setup is completely legal as the filter is sealed from the engine bay, the setup is secure, the scoop is within legal limits and none of the supports for the bonnet have been cut.

Once I can confirm the numbers I can price the material and work out the cost but if I go by what I spent for this one it could be $50 or less plus silicone joiner, claps, filter and scoop.

I only paid $80 for the scoop brand new from blits kits on the gold cost and $10 or $15 postage.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

head_ache wrote:
As far as I have been able work out my setup is completely legal as the filter is sealed from the engine bay, the setup is secure, the scoop is within legal limits and none of the supports for the bonnet have been cut.

Once I can confirm the numbers I can price the material and work out the cost but if I go by what I spent for this one it could be $50 or less plus silicone joiner, claps, filter and scoop.

I only paid $80 for the scoop brand new from blits kits on the gold cost and $10 or $15 postage.

Once you have an exact price let me know and also put postage to Lawson in on the price and Ill drop you some cash. Let me know what filter you use and I will buy my own and Ill get in contact with blitz kits about the scoop too. Cheers dude... what you have on your El is exactly what I had in mind for mine, was also thinking about black mesh over the stock front grill with the ford sign attached, the original fin style assembly looks crap

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

The current filter is from a 2003 kia sportage as its just a little smaller but its more expensive and not at all flexible. Have to double check but I could squeeze a standard falcon filter in possibley

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Was thinking about going a K&N million mile high flow of what ever filter I need to use, especially if its going to be exposed to the elements.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I only used the kia filter because it was almost brand new and it wasnt being used.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

How did you manage to find the Sportage set up was a goer? Also are you going to drop a body kit on the wagon? Where are the best places to find decent body kits for El wagons? I did look up Blitz kits but couldn't find a website for an Australian outlet. Do you have there address?

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

We had a sportage that had a blown clutch in the back yard so I pinched stuff off it. The filter is only a tiny bit smaller then the ford one so I cut the hole to suit it as it was almost brand new.

Blits kits is an aussie company on the gold coast www.blitsbodykits.com.au You will have to contact them as they dont list everything on there website.

Body kit wise, unless your after a tickford style rear there is nothing to suit the e-series wagons rear end. Side skirts are the same as fairlanes and the front end is the same as the sedan so many more options. If you dont want the tickford style rear you have to either do what BenJ and others have done and modify a sedan rear bar to suit.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:43 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Front is up to you, anything that fits a sedan will fit a wagon front.

From Fibresports http://www.awcinfo.com//secureshop/cate ... ?cat_id=79

Side skirts for a wagon $257.00 a pair

Attachment:
Wagon Side Skirts.jpg
Wagon Side Skirts.jpg [ 4.74 KiB | Viewed 685 times ]

Wagon XR Style rear skirt $314.00

Attachment:
wagon Rear Bar.jpg
wagon Rear Bar.jpg [ 2.1 KiB | Viewed 679 times ]

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks for that SWC, but the site has the skirts at $71.50, I take its each so thats $143 isnt it?

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Read correctly, that is for the door panels, not the side skirts.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

this helped alot, i want to give this a go with a modified GT AU bonnet... so yeah another idea to add to the folder of to (when i have the money lol)...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

lmaoo looks funny as with a scoop....

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next