Fordmods Logo

XH XR front end onto XG Ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: XH XR front end onto XG Ute
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

G'Day, I know that I'll prob. be flammed as hell for asking this, but I remember reading somewhere, can't remember if it was this site or a different one, that you could change the front bumper of an XH onto the XG ute, by getting the bonnet, LH and RH front guards, radiator supports and front nose and bumper, exhanging em onto the XG. Of cause there is a little bit of welding and that needed, but because I'm not interested in changing the suspension only the front end, I think it might be acheivable. Input is welcome, but I wouldn't be doing it for 6-8 months. Cheers

P.S. I know about the whole "if you want one, buy it, but don't make it" thing, This is just for a bit of fun

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I don't see why it wouldn't be do able, after all that's all ford did. is there actually any thing different in the suspension between XG and XH?
As for not doing it because the cars really an XG, this is a modification site, wouldn;t be much point to it if everyone was leaving the cars standard now would they!
Off topic there's an EA-ED with an EF/EL front on it. And an AU with a BA front on it.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:14 am 
Oompa Loompa

yeh, the suspension on the XH has the e-series suspension and steering, but the XG still has the X-series suspension and steering, thats why the competition pacemakers won't fit, cause the steering arm gets in the way. Also I was gonna fit the BBM onto it, but the tp bit of the passenger side suspension gets in the way of the piping.

hmm.... now where's my bankcard..... EL XR nose, venom front bar... :twisted: :lol: When I start to do it, I might start a thread, and keep ya posted. cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]