Fordmods Logo

A Few Dash Mods For Daily Driver (*Up Dated 2nd page*) 

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

mate. i tried the method you suggested and i used light blue card board. and it worked but it was a little dull for me, and i musnt have done an ace job with the stenceling cause there was a little shadowing.

anyway im back to orange but if i get bored another day i can take the whole thing appart real quick thanks to my spare (stuffed) high series dash. i might try it with some slightly more transperant paper next time.

ben

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

SlickNCGhia wrote:
mate. i tried the method you suggested and i used light blue card board. and it worked but it was a little dull for me, and i musnt have done an ace job with the stenceling cause there was a little shadowing.

anyway im back to orange but if i get bored another day i can take the whole thing appart real quick thanks to my spare (stuffed) high series dash. i might try it with some slightly more transperant paper next time.

ben

Try it with folder divider paper. (cardboard doesn’t let much light through) Remember, if you want blue, you will have to use LEDs because the yellish light produced by a normal light globe will turn out a light greenish colour when used with a blue filter.

The reason why red works well is because yellow and red are similar colours.

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

GlennAUII wrote:
Yeah it came up very well. I might to A/C controls and gear selector if i can be a*** to maybe too. The series 1 au's had the similar LCD to the E series, like how its light digits on dark background with orange filter. I wouldn't mind mine to be red but its a series 2, so its black digits on light grey background, would be hard to do i'd imagine.. :?

mabey not!! why don't you try taking the LCD globe out and painting it red? It won't harm to give it a shot! This may give a similar effect to how BA XT ICC screens look white in day but green at night :?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

[quote="fordzatmyplace Remember, if you want blue, you will have to use LEDs because the yellish light produced by a normal light globe will turn out a light greenish colour when used with a blue filter.

The reason why red works well is because yellow and red are similar colours.[/quote]

it actualy came up an ok coulour. the same colour as the cardboard that i had lying around, which was kinda a little greeney, but yeah it just wasent transparent enough. and i cbf getting an LED i dont like them anymore.

also im not sure what u mean exsactly when u say folder dividing paper, but i guess just something more transperant would do.

anyway i might do it later if ive got too much time on my hands

ben

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

Looks good mate, though i am undertaking the LED mod soonish.
I think he might mean the plastic type dividers, that allow light through quite easily.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

TwinturboBMX wrote:
Looks good mate, though i am undertaking the LED mod soonish.
I think he might mean the plastic type dividers, that allow light through quite easily.

yeah thats what i mean. Its cheap stuff

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i just found some and im having a play with my spare dash

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

be sure to take pics as I haven't really experimented with other colours

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

i was thinking about painting my globes a blue color that i found out my sister has in nail polish... when she was looking of course lol. Do you rekon that wood work?

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

kapul wrote:
i was thinking about painting my globes a blue color that i found out my sister has in nail polish... when she was looking of course lol. Do you rekon that wood work?

if you want a pale green colour for your LCD then yes, as i stated before the yellowish light produced by light bulbs dosen't work well with blue paint/filters. (yellow+blue=green)

Narva make a direct swap LED that will just replace the stock globe, no soldering or anything required. Get one of them in blue and use the stock filter (blue+white=blue) OR get a white one and use a blue filter. (white+blue=blue) either will work.

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:45 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF OPT20

SA, Australia

Quote:
Do you rekon that wood work?
For your cluster - No. If you pull out one of the backlight globes you'll find it already has a blue colored "condom" on it, this is to filter out the yellow light emitted by incandescent globes and make it more white. Using blue leds is the only way to get proper blue backlighting.

'94 EF GLI
Dash Mat
Color-coded Ashtray
Polished Wheel Nuts

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i tried the blue (folder sepperaters) and as i and you expected it looked s**t ... too pale. but i had to try it so that it would be a bit diff and i wouldnt steal your mod. then i just tried red and it looks s**t hot so i might steal it.

at least i dont have the white dash.... and mines not an ltd :(

8-) i had to take it appart to get the tacko needle right anyway.

ben

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i just finished it. it looks s**t hot
i wish i had my unscratched screen cause that takes away from it a little but at least i got to screw over new oak ford out of $50

cheers
ben.
i dn if u want photos cause it looks alot like fordsatmyplace's except no white dash and ive done everything back up ;)

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

SlickNCGhia wrote:
i just finished it. it looks s**t hot
i wish i had my unscratched screen cause that takes away from it a little but at least i got to screw over new oak ford out of $50

cheers
ben.
i dn if u want photos cause it looks alot like fordsatmyplace's except no white dash and ive done everything back up ;)

my dash is still a bit loose :oops: gets very cold and dark here at night.

You should do the Trip Compter LCD and Climate Control LCD. These are a tad bit harder as with the trip computer, you have to carefully brake the old filter off without cracking the screen.

Climate Control has to be pulled right apart to change its colour :(

^^^ What He Said

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next