a few questions about BF cluster 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: a few questions about BF cluster
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hey everyone

I have a few questions about B series clusters. Done some searching, found a few answers by reading some posts by datamine, AUmatt and lukeyson but just want a few things clarified.

so....

The cluster I have in the car is just stock BF Mk2 XT cluster. In the posts I was reading they talked of "police mode" and "shift alert". By using an ELM tool these can be enabled on the cluster I beleive (not shift alert, that has to be in a high series cluster?). So can I enable either in mine???

changing the LED colours, how hard is it to change the LED's on the cluster to a blue similar to the XR's or FPV. They are SML's correct?

I know in older series falcons you were able to create new cluster backgrounds by printing off an image of one to scale of the cluster and putting that into the old one. Is this still possible in the B series??

thanks in advance guys
Matt

Post subject: Re: a few questions about BF cluster
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

1. LS clusters will have shift alert hardwired off, need reprogramming to turn on, try AUMatt. I can tell you how to turn on via scantool, but that's it. Try here: http://ford.degabrielle.com.au/ for reprogramming. Or simply buy a HS cluster. Police mode can be enabled.

2. LEDs in the cluster are SMD leds. You should get OSRAM brand as they last longer and have a better light spread. Other brands you may get hot spots, and tend to die real quick. You'll also need a fine tip soldering iron. Don't solder led for more then 2 secs, as will damage them.

3. As long as the steps between each indicator on the face is the same, you can do what ever to the face. You can't add or remove any stepping, that will require recalibrating.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]