Fordmods Logo

aftermarket seats in EBII 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: aftermarket seats in EBII
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Hi All. Has anyone sucessfully installed aftermarket seats into an ea-ed? i brought some jamex seats (new) and upon inspection nothing lines up!! i was expecting this just had a small hope that they would fit right in. anyway has anyone heard of a off the shelf bracket that fits or will i have to get the mig out?! it would be nice to keep the ford rails as they are of better quality but ill have to ditch the driver height adjustment. if anyone has done this before some advise would be appreciated as i want it to be done right. cheers :D

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

you should of just tried to track down some XR seats instead mate alot easier and u dont need to get it checked by a engineer to make it legal

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

yea that would have been nice but IF you can find some over here whoever is selling them wants a bloody house deposit for them! i have taken the door inserts and the rear bench in to get retrimmed to match also so these have to go in!! i thought about retrimming the origionals but not worth it as the seats would have needed sculpting. you can get away with bolting new seats in yourself over here as long as they dont move when the warranter gives them a good shake! owel maybe just have to start modifying brackets.......cheers

Post subject: EF front seats
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

Hi guys, I have an EF2 fairmont , I live in rural WA, often drive for 6 , 8 or even 10 hours in one sitting, and after all that sitting ... MY a*** IS NUMB! Does anyone have any sugestions on replacing the factory seats? I was reading about eb2svo, I reckon you do'nt want to do to much cutting and welding and messing with the rails. I see theres AU Fairmont seats on Ebay in Perth, These might be the go, anyone know the comfort of AU Fairmont seats, and whether they will bolt straight into my EF?

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:17 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF II XR6

VIC, Australia

when you get some photos of aftermarket seats..
post em up.
id love to see what they look like.

*pacemaker extractors, crow cam, 19" typhoon rims, 2" exhaust, AU tickford intake, K&N Airfilter.

Working on my custom interior (nearly there!)
No Induction Yet, But It's Coming!

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

I can post pics of mine when i get them in if you want. they would not be somepeoples cup of tea, but i wanted something different. it turns out that the rails do not have to modified, just an adaptor plate that goes between the origional rails and the new seats. still a mission tho...

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

and you'd still need it engineered as well, which is something to keep in mind.

i'd like to do this to mine one day, but dont know if it would be worth the hassle.

also interested in pics once its done

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

wicksy wrote:
you should of just tried to track down some XR seats instead mate alot easier and u dont need to get it checked by a engineer to make it legal

i went down this path got A/M Seats for my car,, put them in after a few months i f**k them off seemed uncomfortable....

although

If the seats are Offically ADR aproved.... all you need to mount them to OEM rails....

but track some XR seats they are a nicer seat unless the aftermarket are a high end product

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]