Fordmods Logo

air circulation around spare wheel well 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: air circulation around spare wheel well
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

hey guys, ive been kicking around an idea here and interested in other peoples thoughts. thinking of creating a false floor for the boot where the lower section is so its all flat, and mounting 2 amps under it. either bolt them upside down to the false floor, or create a split level thing and cover them with perspex so their on show. one amp to power all four interior speakers, and one to run single/twin 12 inch subs. thinking of having the subs built into a false wall/screen that goes across where the rear seats are, facing back into the boot space. was wondering wether the amps might run too hot in that space? i could run the cabling under the boot carpet then to the side panels, and then under the side sills to the icc, power, and earth. mainly im worried about how hot the amps would get there, and what the air circulation would be like?

Post subject: Re: air circulation around spare wheel well
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:53 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Circulation i reckon would be an issue, although you can use CPU fans from Desktop PC's to get air in and out of the compartment, they run on 12v anyway. Or you could just buy AMP's with fans built into them already, i know kenwood 1800W mono blocks have them. Also, stick to class D amps as they are more efficent than Class A/B and therefore generate less heat.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Post subject: Re: air circulation around spare wheel well
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

considering something like the pioneer gm 7200m to run the subs, and maybe a jbl 4 way for the others if i can find it in the mess of the shed. could put 2 small ports into the floor to allow for better circulation if need be i guess?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]