Fordmods Logo

Airbag blanking resistor 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: Airbag blanking resistor
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 74

Posts: 8

Joined: 6th Sep 2011

Ride: ford falcon auii

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

have read all above info, 2 different service manuals and other articles on dash removal but 6 hours later I still cant remove the dash on my 94 EF. I removed the 5 bolts under the top dash panel, 4 bolts at bottom, steering wheel bolts and even the centre console but its still holding firm. I guess it is something to do with the pedal box to dash connection. What have I missed?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Airbag blanking resistor
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

kpfien wrote:
have read all above info, 2 different service manuals and other articles on dash removal but 6 hours later I still cant remove the dash on my 94 EF. I removed the 5 bolts under the top dash panel, 4 bolts at bottom, steering wheel bolts and even the centre console but its still holding firm. I guess it is something to do with the pedal box to dash connection. What have I missed?

thismay help-http://www.fordmods.com/post1276570.html?hilit=removing dash#p1276570

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Airbag blanking resistor
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 74

Posts: 8

Joined: 6th Sep 2011

Ride: ford falcon auii

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Dashboard out at last but where is the b**** resistor? Somewhere I read it was taped to the loom but I've pulled off all the tape I can find all to no avail. Can anybody tell me exactly where to find it and does it look like the EL ie socket and 2 ohm plug in resistor?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Airbag blanking resistor
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

kpfien wrote:
Dashboard out at last but where is the b**** resistor? Somewhere I read it was taped to the loom but I've pulled off all the tape I can find all to no avail. Can anybody tell me exactly where to find it and does it look like the EL ie socket and 2 ohm plug in resistor?

is your car au2 or ef\el?

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Airbag blanking resistor
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 74

Posts: 8

Joined: 6th Sep 2011

Ride: ford falcon auii

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

It is an EF Mk 1 (1994).
I think I may have found the resistor. It is around the right place (see photo earlier) and consists of a socket and plug. However the socket is a pale green translucent and the plug is a shorting loop not a resistor and the connectors are pins rather than spades. Maybe it's not the right thing afterall. Apparently Ford have never listed the shorting resistor in spares.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Airbag blanking resistor
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

kpfien wrote:
It is an EF Mk 1 (1994).
I think I may have found the resistor. It is around the right place (see photo earlier) and consists of a socket and plug. However the socket is a pale green translucent and the plug is a shorting loop not a resistor and the connectors are pins rather than spades. Maybe it's not the right thing afterall. Apparently Ford have never listed the shorting resistor in spares.


As far as i am concernd with the dashes i've pulled in the last 2 weeks all 94ish cars had it just below the windscreen (right) in the upper section of the firewall. 2 cars that were 96ish (inc. mine) had the resistor behind the glove box.

by krytox,and hard to find,did you get the wire colours of the plug in the manuals?

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Airbag blanking resistor
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 74

Posts: 8

Joined: 6th Sep 2011

Ride: ford falcon auii

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

The colours are totally different but the manual is Ellerys for an EF/EL.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Airbag blanking resistor
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

kpfien wrote:
The colours are totally different but the manual is Ellerys for an EF/EL.

had a look,brown and pink\black.shows the resistor or air bag.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:48 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names